UPS WTF

urbanhick

WARNING!!!

i had a bad experience with ups and never again will i use them. during my move, my buddy shipped me a few of my rods (4-5rods). the tape was cut to remove the cover, and it was neatly placed back on (as if it was still sealed). 1 rod was stolen out of the pvc tube, and another rod was put back with a broken tip.

please note this packed correctly, and insured adequately. since this package was not prepared by a ups employee, (to our surprise) the previous is null and void. we have shipped many rods before, and never had an issue.

... when all was said and done - our faulty packaging was to blame, and all that was returned was the shipping cost of $16.

till this day we have this check framed as a reminder to never ever use them again.

you have been warned!

FYI - fedex is all i use now for rod shipments.

Ya, I'd be a bit irritated. What was the rod?

Phenix M1 swimbait rod

Nice, you'll have to let us know how it performs! I've got an M1 6'9" ML casting and it is great, can fling a baby BBZ-1 a country mile and is a nice looking rod.

I would be sure to exam the rod for any hairline cracks if you haven't already. I've seen rods snap in half on a cast because of this. I don't know what their policy is after it's been used

Had the same thing happen to me 3 times with all 3 carriers UPS, FedEx and USPS....twice tips butted off. I am surprised that the TW tube got jacked as I have had the best success with their tubes.

Glad your rod is ok. Slay some fish on it like you've been doing.

Will you beat me to the post. I was so upset when I saw the picture of the rod tube and I could only imagine what the rod looked like. I'm very glad I wrapped that rod with a lot of Bubble Wrap!!!

Ya, I'd be a bit irritated. What was the rod?

Phenix M1 swimbait rod

Which model? Also, please post up a review when you've had a chance to use it.

BTW, a pool noodle (regular one, not the real fat ones) fits right inside those TW tubes so that's what I use to pack my rods in them. Cut it into 6-8" lengths. You can slide it down over the rod at the tip end and then cut them long ways to get them around the rod at the fat end (tape them after). If I have one of those plastic bags rod come with, I put that on first, then the noodle sections. They suspend the rod in the center of the tube and cushion it. A pool noodle costs about $2.

Pack something at each end to cushion it, seal it up and you're done.

If I were you send that pick to tw and ups and let them handle it. Return the rod and get a new one.

Had one brought to me bent like that and it had a shoe print

If I were you send that pick to tw and ups and let them handle it. Return the rod and get a new one.

Had one brought to me bent like that and it had a shoe print

I sent them a pic which they will forward to ups. They said to use tbe rod and if it breaks it will be replaced. Thd last rod theh destroyed never made it to the house. It was crushed in a conveyor I was told.