negotiator setup

swimfool

I would like to hear from SEASONED VETS on there set-ups they are using for the negotiator. "ie" rod, reel, line and actions... please don't respond if you don't have a clue. the world is full of guess'ers that is why the tackle store thrive but I would love to hear from a big bait VET.

I dont think Im experienced enough to comment :(

Ceaser I didnt mean to come over like I did about that topic. I have just had replies to posts that are from guy's gal's and children that just dont have a clue about what there talking about.

I know just about everybody on here just by there screen name how long they have been on this bigbait thing. I have been on these SB forums for years and know who blows smoke and who lights fire's.

I hope you didnt take offense to the post because none whatsoever was meant by it.

Thanks

Swimfool

Same here, but when you wanna step up and throw a real chunk of wood, let me and Ceaser know ;)

not fair...

fyi - technically speaking, i understand these are made from hybrid materials. still have yet to get a solid answer on that though. i havent cut into one yet.

Same here, but when you wanna step up and throw a real chunk of wood, let me and Ceaser know ;)

not fair...

fyi - technically speaking, i understand these are made from hybrid materials. still have yet to get a solid answer on that though. i havent cut into one yet.

:lol: Just messin around ;) Not sure what they are made out of, I'm guessing wood but not 100% sure though.

from the videos Ive seen RM release on the building of the baits, they are 100% o' naturale

my info was from the supplier, but not necessarily the builder. there may have been a loss in translation.

but you are correct, from the pictures it does appear to look natural.

I will throw mine on one of two set ups: Okuma 8' H, or LDC 8' XH. I really like them both for the negotiator (though the LDC is on a whole different level). I also use between 20 and 25 lb PF P-line.

As for the baits, I believe they are made out of a certain type of Japanese Cypress.