Dobyns Swimbait Rod - 867

T Dot

• 2 months later...

Top Ramen, I was told the discount is for active/retired military only by the guys at Dobyns, am I mistaken? I'd hate to be paying full price as a vet if I could get 30% off. Thanks for your help and sorry if I'm Hijacking the post. If there is no vet discount anyone can nab one for $231 at hookeduptackle till the end of the month.

Top Ramen, I was told the discount is for active/retired military only by the guys at Dobyns, am I mistaken? I'd hate to be paying full price as a vet if I could get 30% off. Thanks for your help and sorry if I'm Hijacking the post. If there is no vet discount anyone can nab one for $231 at hookeduptackle till the end of the month.

I guess I don't understand your question, if you are not active or retired, what are you? I believe anyone who has 181 days of continuous active duty is considered a vet by the govt.

I guess I was just trying to clarify as I spent 7 years with the 101st Airborne and I'm neither Active Military or Retired Military, just a simple vet. I was informed that the discount only applied to those currently serving or those retired but the email I received was vague. When I saw your post I got a little excited that maybe I was misinformed and wanted to see if you perhaps knew something I didn't. Nothing but respect for everyone still slanging lead while chucking baits! Thanks for taking the time to reply

I guess I was just trying to clarify as I spent 7 years with the 101st Airborne and I'm neither Active Military or Retired Military, just a simple vet. I was informed that the discount only applied to those currently serving or those retired but the email I received was vague. When I saw your post I got a little excited that maybe I was misinformed and wanted to see if you perhaps knew something I didn't. Nothing but respect for everyone still slanging lead while chucking baits! Thanks for taking the time to reply

I would ask them about it. They really didn't ask me very many questions when I enquired. My understanding was that it applied to anyone who had served, but I may be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Could anyone recommend what rod to use to throw a Matt 13" Dead Stick Trout ? I got some fairly heavy pad / braid rods I use now, but, the matt trout is a fairly heavy bait. Don't want to snap a rod on the cast.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the 867 out for the first time today. Only spent about 30mins with it, fishes like the 806ML in my opinion. Like a giant crankbait rod. Has more flex in the tip than I was expecting. Since the lure rating is 4-16oz, I was expecting a little bit of a broom stick feel. Nope. Having used the 806 and now the 867, I have to say this is now my new favorite. I would say the sweet spot is somewhere around 6-7oz. Threw the 10" Mattlures Deadstick and the ROF 5 Hudd with no problems. Overall a great stick.

• 2 weeks later...

How well does this rod handle your s wavers, I was debating on this or the 807 since I'll be throwing hudds(68 and 8"), deps 250s, s waver 168s and the new s waver 200 when it comes out for the majority of my time

How well does this rod handle your s wavers, I was debating on this or the 807 since I'll be throwing hudds(68 and 8"), deps 250s, s waver 168s and the new s waver 200 when it comes out for the majority of my time

for that wide of a range of baits, the 807 would be your best bet