Dobyns Swimbait Rod - 867

T Dot

• 1 month later...

I talked to Gary, and he said that the reel seat issue has been fixed. They used to send shims out with every 867-908 rod to remedy the issue, however, the most recent rods reel seat are tighter with no issues at all.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very nice rod but they made the tip to soft for the ratings they gave it. I caught some nice fish on it handled well. Not so sure if I'll be casting any 250's on this one. Other wise it's a good HUD rod.very we'll balance feels very light for such a long rod.Guys deffently worth it.

I threw the hinkle on the 867 on saturday and it handles just fine, it seems like that soft tip just pins the fish once a good hookset has been established. Casted just fine, however, it was my first time out with the bait, so I wasn't chukkin too hard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

whoops haha I meant guide!

I just know because I too had to replace a few guides on my 867, Dobyns ended up just sending me a complate set of guides and tips for my 867 and 908 for future reference.  They take care of their customers. 

• 2 years later...

Is there enough backbone on the 867 to drive the jig hook on a hudd? Trying to decide on this rod or the 807. Seems like the 867 has more versatility for 250s and other treble hook baits as well.

Yes it does; on the hook big hook and versatility.