any thoughts on the tylure soft glide

davepikey81

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tell you all about it, except I still have not received mine ordered three months ago. :evil: But I can tell you from the video footage I have seen they are a far cry from a Deps, not a bad looking swim just a lot narrower of a glide than a deps.

3 months??? Thats insane has he responded to you as to why its taking so long??

Sorry I just checked my email is only been 2 months haha. Yeah he got swamped during his two big sales, he finally emailed me back about 2.5 weeks ago saying it was shipping that week.

As the ss250 is becoming harder to find..does anybody know if these are a good alternative???

Tacklewarehouse is supposed to have Slide Swimmers in stock next month.

Oh yeah and on this, just keep your eyes pealed on the black market, ebay, and some of the lesser known online stores, they pop up pretty frequently

Buy a roman made negotiator.. Haha my opinion

How do you like the Negotiator? I'm on the fence of buying a Deps SS but I dont want to pay a premium for the bait. So I've been eyeing the negotiator real hard!!!

Something you have to realize about tylure is that they always has a "sale" going and are never "caught up". They are definitely one of those companies that people need to know about so that when they place an order they aren't blindsided by a 2+ month wait for a substandard bait.

Something you have to realize about tylure is that they always has a "sale" going and are never "caught up". They are definitely one of those companies that people need to know about so that when they place an order they aren't blindsided by a 2+ month wait for a substandard bait.

In your oppinion, what makes them substandard?? I hear this a lot about various bait manufacturers and there is never a descriptive or intelligent thought(review) about a particular bait...

Please use the review section to post your thoughts about any particular because it may help someone in the future. Sure I could go on forums and say this bait sucks or is great but it's not very informative or helpful in a forum setting...

ALL of the baits I have from him have very bad issues with paint flaking off, one of them the rubber tail was kinked when I got it, the other one the tail fell off and had to be glued back in. Weighting/sink rates are nowhere near close on 2 of the 3 baits either. Add to that the customer service issues that everyone who has dealt with him has experienced and you have a subpar bait and company. His saving grace is that the baits are cheap and they get bit fairly well. I really like the kicker trout but the quality is sub par at best.

Tyler's brother is a genuine guy, and does everything in his power to make sure that everything is on the up and up. If you have any issues getting tyler to answer his phone contact "buzzbomber" on the other boards.

Just received a brand new 8in Soft Glide in Largemouth Bass a few days ago. I wasn't crazy about dropping $100+ on a sinking bait(deps 250), floaters are one thing but SS baits are another. So I picked up a Soft Glide and so far, I love the thing. If you burn it, yes it will roll over ever now and then, but that is not what glides are for in the first place. Glides really nicely and evenly, not offset to one side or the other. My slow sink has a perfectly horizontal fall, and a dead on sink rate for what I need. I can keep the rod tip up and slowly glide/wake the bait, or fish it anywhere I want in the water column, but I felt as if the bait really performed nicely in the 1-6 foot depth range. Casts great, not much helicopter at all compared to the 3 and 4 piece hardbaits. Doesn't sling like a Hudd but what does. Hooks are killer, paint job is beautiful. There were a few blemishes in the resin under the soft skin right near the gills, but nothing that would ever effect the action, or realism. Just not 100% clean carve lines, that's all. I was throwing the bait between grasslines, along rock points, docks, and seawalls today, and saw several followers that would turn away as soon as the bait left the shade line. Typical behavior for 95+ degree air temp midday fishing. The one fish I caught on the bait was an unusual glide bait fish, I saw the fish cruising lazily through the grass, made a cast 10-15ft in front of the fish, glided a few times, fish tracked onto the bait, and she charged it and stopped right before the bait. Held my rod tip up to help stall the bait, and glided it once more when she ate the bait. Fish was incredibly skinny, blind in one eye, and had several sores on her. Still choked the back half of the bait. Overall, I really dig the bait, it is absolutely a better "taste" of the glide baits before dropping the cash for a Deps or other high-end glide. That said, I will most likely move up to those baits, but I like the paint jobs, and slide/glide action of this bait.

Gear used:

Okuma XH

Cardiff 301A

20lb Big Game

Hope it helped guys, might do a full review once I become more and more familiar with the bait.

post-1487-14252989158978_thumb.jpg

post-1487-14252989159584_thumb.jpg