Nock off 8" trout

Jut

I wanted to post this up a few months ago but i got side tracked and forgot about it. Now that i'm not mobile, i have been going through some of my stuff. I came across the knock off 8" trout i got. Figured i would let you guys know so it dont happen to any of you. It was a post to be a 8" slow sink Kokanee.

post-1741-14252989211807_thumb.jpg

post-1741-1425298921214_thumb.jpg

post-1741-14252989212544_thumb.jpg

post-1741-14252989212976_thumb.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can see the air pockets in the joints and fins if you look close in the top 2 pics. It has stainless pins also. The pics i saw you couldn't see any thing wrong with it and it looked ok. It swims ok but its not no 316. :lol: It falls nose down and rests on the bottom at a angle with the tail up.

You can see the air pockets in the joints and fins if you look close in the top 2 pics. It has stainless pins also. The pics i saw you couldn't see any thing wrong with it and it looked ok. It swims ok but its not no 316. :lol: It falls nose down and rests on the bottom at a angle with the tail up.

See that is why mickey on here always used to say if you repaint he won't work or replace anything on it.Go and look at other fs trouts and look at markings all the same.Like i said i guarantee someone repainted it sanded in couple spots and had to take apart to repaint put stainless pins back in.Now action is destroyed and looks cheap as hell.I bought one along time ago on here for $80 bucks but i knew it was a repaint.Ended up on bottom of the lake but no loss for me lol.Seen other trout swimbaits on other forum and one was a 10in shad looked just like fs shad except huge and weird looking,The maker is from georgia>also makes a gill just like the fs gill but weird.anyways that is my 2 cents but hell what do i know.

Morgan custom lure is the shad and gill just like fs kind of knockoff has piano hinges and look :twisted:

The bait looks nothing like a freestyle bluegill? At all? I'm holding it in my hand, 100% different dimensions and swim.

My comment was it looks like the fs gill but weird...... it has same hinges basically same bait but cheap knockoff.Now if all the baits that fella makesa aren't basic knocloffs of 3:16 then you have no idea what the hell your on about.. :lol: Of coarse dimensions are alittle diff swim alittle diff but basically the same bait with tiny adjustments.Tell ya what guys who read this and know about the gill i'm talking about tell me what you think?if they are made after one another of two completely diffrent concepts.

Not gonna get into the MCL's being knockoffs because I am bias, but Stephen Morgan is a great guy in my opinion. He's helped me out a lot in the few times we've fished together and the countless texts we've sent back and forth. He's really helped me move past a few things in my fishing and get me to think more. Anyone that will drive over a hour to meet me to hand deliver baits on a Sunday is good people in my book(plus he netted a 7.7 for me :D ).

I will say this though, I can guarantee you that Mr. Morgan isn't making baits and selling them as a 3:16 or any other bait. The man takes a lot of pride in his work. Hell the first time we met, he didn't even want to see my baits, he was more interested in fishing his own baits.

Not gonna get into the MCL's being knockoffs because I am bias, but Stephen Morgan is a great guy in my opinion. He's helped me out a lot in the few times we've fished together and the countless texts we've sent back and forth. He's really helped me move past a few things in my fishing and get me to think more. Anyone that will drive over a hour to meet me to hand deliver baits on a Sunday is good people in my book(plus he netted a 7.7 for me :D ).

I will say this though, I can guarantee you that Mr. Morgan isn't making baits and selling them as a 3:16 or any other bait. The man takes a lot of pride in his work. Hell the first time we met, he didn't even want to see my baits, he was more interested in fishing his own baits.

+1, i will stand behind Stephen any day!!!!! His baits are not 3:16, they are his and have different body types and actions. If This is going to turn into another one of those Nate's Baits arguments it needs to stop right now.

Jut showed me this bait before and I asked him to post it to get people's opinions. I never expected it to turn into a dramafest like swimbait nation.

I also think it is a bad repaint and rebuild. I have stripped many baits and they all have a few bubbles, but if painted correctly, you should not see them. I also looks like it has been sanded, which is why Mickey got so pissed off about this, he saw a RD that that had its scales completely sanded off.

Please understand i would never wanna start a drama fest or anything like that.I truely think morgans baits look amazing and sure he is a great guy and all that. But in my opinion he took fs idea and made his own interpritation of it.Same for the shad concept.I understand it isn't same measurements or weights but you honestly can't tell me that 3:16 came out with fs styel baits then all of a sudden these baits come out just a tweek here and there.Hey if that is what you do and it works then hey more power too ya.I am not Mickeys Boy or Morgans enemy just calling it like i see it.I think morgans gill for price is excellent PLUS available so big UP in my department.I truely Don't wanna down Morgan lures in anyway when i said Knockoff kind of came out wrong honestly meant more of same concept or idea.Again Morgan LUres if you read or anyone who is interesed in Morgan baits please don't let this persuade you from getting one.It was just brought up in thread that is was an imitation and Morgan styel bait came closest to what i could think of to a fs style or could be mistaken for bait.Again No DISRESPECT MORGAN BAITS OR ASSOCIATES :)And would never say Morgan would advetise as 3:16 amyways back to original thread looks like 3:16 just redone terribly i have a pic of mine just can't post to large so will work on getting it up and let you see what a bad repaint on 3:16 will turnout like Thanks SU and sorry if i said anything wrong or disrespected anyone never my intention