Nock off 8" trout

Jut

from the pics, the paint is a dead give away.

can you please post up pics of the tail. that should be a good indicator too.

... it could be possible that this is a very bad batch that was sold off. if you are familiar with resin and room condition, you may understand that if your climate and chemistry is off, it can indeed cause air bubbles.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people tinker with baits. I have seen a few posts about it here on SU. I think someone had some sort of vision and didn't really know what they were doing and ruined the fs trout. Like mentioned before has the markings and don't think anyone would go the length of making knock-offs. I think someone just went overboard with mods and wasn't experienced in making the mods, and marred the bait...

My apologies DBirdtn, my post was not meant to center anyone out. It’s just an old subject that has been beaten to death. Many people use those joints and you know why??? Because they are so effective. If I were to make a swimbait, I would use the same joint.

Thanks Dave, Yeah i agree i too love and would use hinge style.And again it would be hard to not look familiar trying to make the most realistic bait possible cause all gills and shads trout look the same lol.Well here is my repaint 8in fs trout looks similar to one in pic but its not.I think JFish painted it and was just a test job.So he sold it too me cheap and told me about it and all that so i didn't get ripped off or anything.Repaint did mess with action and paint just peeled off and turned yyellow with cheap clear coating.Hope this helps.But look at lines and scales and patterns looks just like yours in pic ;)

post-1055-14252989213313_thumb.jpg

It swam more to one side kind of leaned.Paint was also alot thicker so it didn't float as well as my others.Also hinges were kind of tight think when he took apart to repaint joints that he forced them in alittle too much or may have used something else may have broke original pins and replaced.Also it has replaced homemade tail.Don't think it really affected it too much but alot thinner of plastic or lexan used that is forsure.

alos had this one repainted by brock.Looked great but i don't know just didn't perform the same as original.Paint was thicker heavier.Just wasn't the same fluid action at least in my mind.Looked great but just something about it i wasn't comfortable with.May have just been me though.No confidence in it :?:

post-1055-14252989213614_thumb.jpg

I gotta agree, not a big fan of repaints on 3:16's. I got a black FS Shad repainted by Pizz to look like a herring and he did a pretty good job. Not mad at all, but the paint started peeling and it just made me sick to even look at it :twisted:

There is a difference between a repaint and a copy. It is cool to have a custom painted bait sometimes but someone is strait up copying 3:16 baits and selling them as if they are 3:16 baits. They have made a mold, are pouring, weighting, and painting them then selling them as if they were real 3:16 baits.... talk about low. I have a wake jr where you can see how he poured it and he did a terrible job removing the excess resin. It is clearly not just a repaint like it was advertised... it is a copy.

no way in hell would I repaint a 316.

Or buy one for that matter. I don't care how good of a repaint is, I will not buy a re-painted bait. Especially when Mickey himself said on this very site that he would not fix or repair any re-painted baits. Why would anyone pay big dollars for a re-paint that the maker will no longer stand behind and guarantee?

no way in hell would I repaint a 316.

Or buy one for that matter. I don't care how good of a repaint is, I will not buy a re-painted bait. Especially when Mickey himself said on this very site that he would not fix or repair any re-painted baits. Why would anyone pay big dollars for a re-paint that the maker will no longer stand behind and guarantee?

I'm pretty sure he also won't fix or repair baits if you are not the original owner. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong

I'm pretty sure he also won't fix or repair baits if you are not the original owner. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong

He's never asked if I was the original owner when I've sent baits in to be repaired.