Nock off 8" trout

Jut

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a there was a guy who molded a triple trout and then tried to sell

his knockoffs as the real thing. Got busted and then started making his own baits and did some sleezy things with that business. Just have to pay close attention to who you deal with.

Ran across this Nez knock-off on ebay today. Made of pine. And greed.

[attachment=1]nez.tiff[/attachment]

[attachment=0]nez 2.tiff[/attachment]

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11016

Strikingly familiar. This bait was a home brew that was posted on the Nation's swimbait making section, and eventually made its way to eBay for like $65 DAYS ago and took forever to sell. Can't forget those "eyes" the maker had said he used golf tees. :lol: It was still rocking the no paint then, at least someone upgraded him. Lol! By any means necessary I suppose...

Ran across this Nez knock-off on ebay today. Made of pine. And greed.

[attachment=1]nez.tiff[/attachment]

[attachment=0]nez 2.tiff[/attachment]

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11016

Strikingly familiar. This bait was a home brew that was posted on the Nation's swimbait making section, and eventually made its way to eBay for like $65 DAYS ago and took forever to sell. Can't forget those "eyes" the maker had said he used golf tees. :lol: It was still rocking the no paint then, at least someone upgraded him. Lol! By any means necessary I suppose...

That is some solid investigative work haha

None of my 316s have air pockets in the joints and the tips of the fins are there. I will take better pics of it so you guys can see what im talking about. Its like the resin didnt make it all the way into the mold on the fins. And it has a home made tail. I will get my wife's camera and take better pics of it.

None of my 316s have air pockets in the joints and the tips of the fins are there. I will take better pics of it so you guys can see what im talking about. Its like the resin didnt make it all the way into the mold on the fins. And it has a home made tail. I will get my wife's camera and take better pics of it.

whats the sellers name on ebay? where was it shipped from?

I still have the box some where. His ebay account is closed down i think. I got this bait a few months ago and forgot about it untill i saw the nock off baby wake thing.

Some peoples class level blows my mind. Not only does being a bait maker, seller or anything of that nature take excessive amounts of time and effort, it takes a true artist and another level of perseverance. And for someone to take THAT much TIME and EFFORT into faking high class lures and STEALING an artist idea really needs to be caught or therefore karma can catch him.. :( People these days..

There is a difference between a repaint and a copy. It is cool to have a custom painted bait sometimes but someone is strait up copying 3:16 baits and selling them as if they are 3:16 baits. They have made a mold, are pouring, weighting, and painting them then selling them as if they were real 3:16 baits.... talk about low. I have a wake jr where you can see how he poured it and he did a terrible job removing the excess resin. It is clearly not just a repaint like it was advertised... it is a copy.

You know what im talking about. You can see it in the bait. Its hard to show in a pic

I have a a couple genuine baits that have air bubbles in places like the joints and fins. They show up under heavy use when the paint gets abused from hooks and teeth. It happens. Doesn't effect the action or durability from what I've seen.

I still think its a terrible repaint. You should send it to Mickey and see what he says.