College BASS championship

wtrwsel

I am having fun watching/following this and I rarely watch or follow tournaments. I grew up fishing the lake and know members of several of the top teams. I got to know Nick Barr because he was friends with Cesar from here. Nick is fishing a creek where I used to spend alot of time in a canoe as a kid and learned to bass fish. They only have two fish last time I looked. Tom Frink is from originaly from California and a good swimbait fisherman. He has been over to my house once or twice with a couple freinds to talk swimbait fishing and pick up a couple baits. He is getting them today after a slow start yesterday. I have known Brad since he was in HS. Toms team and Nick's team are my picks to win just because they are in my favorite areas to fish and going against what most of the locals do there.

Good luck to all the guys fishing, Nick and Jarred are good cats and Id like to see them bring it home for the west! Randall thanks for helping dudes out! That was too cool of you man.

Congrats to 1st AUM, Jacob Nummy - Tom Frink. 43.3

2nd Young Harris College, Brad Rutherford - Matthew Peeler 36.8

3rd Auburn University, Jordan Lee - Shane Powell 35.15

4th Eastern Washington University, Nick Barr - Jarred Walker 34.8

5th Auburn University, Matt Lee - Chris Seals 32.7

Congrats to 1st AUM, Jacob Nummy - Tom Frink. 43.3

2nd Young Harris College, Brad Rutherford - Matthew Peeler 36.8

3rd Auburn University, Jordan Lee - Shane Powell 35.15

4th Eastern Washington University, Nick Barr - Jarred Walker 34.8

5th Auburn University, Matt Lee - Chris Seals 32.7

Killed it! Congrats folks

Seeing that those fish were caught on a swimbait makes me want to hit this lake more. It usually takes 25lb+ and sometimes 30+ to win a spring tournament there but I absolutely suck on Chatuge!! I did have a good one on with Randall's HPH back in 2008 or 2009, but lost it right at the boat. I thought it was 10+ at the time, but I'm done saying a fish was 10+ cuz I still haven't caught one :twisted:

Definitely makes me want to get out there and fish Chatuge more. It's only about 20 minutes from my house but I didn't get to make it over to the weigh ins, had our club's classic and too much family ish :x

. It's only about 20 minutes from my house but I didn't get to make it over to the weigh ins, had our club's classic and too much family ish :x

I really live in the wrong spot to be a bass fisherman!! I can't imagine having any lake let alone 3 or 4 within a half hour from my house!! So jealous :x

. It's only about 20 minutes from my house but I didn't get to make it over to the weigh ins, had our club's classic and too much family ish :x

I really live in the wrong spot to be a bass fisherman!! I can't imagine having any lake let alone 3 or 4 within a half hour from my house!! So jealous :x

3 or 4 within a half hour and close to 8 or 9 within a hour and about 12 or 13 within or really close(depending on how fast I wanna drive :lol: ) to 2 hours. Not all are great swimbait lakes, but I am definitely happy to of lived here all of my life :mrgreen: