big game, PF, or cxx? which dp you prefer?

matt solorio

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard good things about PF. I fished it once, broke a hudd off on a cast and then never used it again so im a little hesitant to try it again. The thin diameter is great but idk its tough. Big game doesn't have a huge diameter either but it is bigger than PF in the same # test rating correct?

I know there are a whole bunch of p-line guys on here but personally I have had nothing but problems with their stuff. I have been doing really well with big game though, I have never had a single issue with it at all. Another great line that is not talked about a whole lot is Ande

I have tried all three lines in the end settle with p line pf due to manageability and thin diameter and very low memory. I use 20lb and 30lb so far the 30lb has never failed me and 20lb just once

I only used seagar abrasix since for ever.Vedak I met from here hooked me up with some PF-Pline 30lb I've started switching all my reels to it.i did try cxx was to large lots of memory for my liking.Pf all the way

I use both 20lb CXX and 20lb PF on 90% of my baits. CXX's diameter is a tad bit thicker than PF. CXX also has less stretch but more memory than PF. Overall, I prefer 20lb PF on baits from the 8" Hudd to Deps 250. I will never use Big Game!!

PF is a really strong line, its impressed me many times. 25lb pf is thinner than 20lb big game. I believe 30lb pf is the same as 20 lb big game. I was a die hard big game guys cuz it never failed me but pf is a better line IMO by far. Guys that catch way more big fish than I can dream of, Donfather, Bruceman, londonmitch, and other guys from this site have sealed my confidence with the line. Seeing the fish they catch and confidence in the line, made it a relatively easy switch for me.