big game, PF, or cxx? which dp you prefer?

matt solorio

Like Ceaser we were using Big Game and made the switch to PF. The thin diameter is a huge plus especially when fishing smaller reels like the Pluton and Z. Been using the 25 for those reels and the 30 for 300 sized reels.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have fished big game, Maxima, PF & CXX.... PF is just unreal with its low diameter, you swear 20lb is more like 15! :?

But 20 can handle everything from a 1oz to 6.5oz with the Deps 250.

Though I personally feel better throwing the deps with 25lb PF.

I actually use something completely different than any of you guys. I used to use braid and now I use trik fish. Louie turned me onto it and it works great. Its pretty cheap so def a line that works for myself. I along with my a couple of my friends have had all kinds of trouble with PLine products in the past. So might try it on a buddies reel to try it out first.

ive heard good things about that stuff. i might just have to get a bulk spool of a few different lines, spool em on each rod and see which i like best lol iv had no issues with cxx only pf in 20# where i broke a hudd off on a cast and really dont know why. the search continues haha what about maxima? ive got some homies that swear by it.

its been a long time from maxima for me but I never liked it because it can be brittle in the colder weather, but that was a while ago and maybe just me. It was hard and abrasion resistant but I snapped off some fish on the hook set in the wintertime, probably 6-8 fish, two filler spools same result.

lol Don if i drive over there to spool up, were going fishin after. i dont care if we have to beat the banks haha where do you get 30# at?

My last spool came from Jax Cat Tackle. You can order from BPS also. Maybe a few others have found some other good places they get it too. Tackle Warehouse had it for sale too, I think it was the mid size spools.

Come on over. We can catch them on the Wi :lol::lol:

Been using sufix superior and seige. Super strong, low memory. I like it a lot more than big game, or p line. No issues so far after 2 months.

I agree. the Seige is the most manageable 25# line I have ever used. It is very low-memory and is still very strong and abrasion-resistant. I threw a 3:16 Wake Jr. into a low limb and pulled the entire boat over to it without using the trolling motor.