Adding a rear hook to smaller rats?

evilcatfish

Hey guys, anybody ever added a rear hook to a mini slammer/rago? How did it work for you? Any pictures? I tried a couple searches but couldn't find much info. I've always felt the single hook rats draw in fish well for me, but I seem to miss a fair amount of hits.

I have done it on some of the wood rats I used. I put one in the back section and then moved the one in the front up a little bit so that that they wouldn't interfere with eachother. The ones I did those on were Rago wood rats and I just used screw eyes. I also used super glue to seal the hole left when I moved the front hook.

No pictures as I have since sold those baits. But they seemed to work just fine when I had them.

I wouldn't mess with it! The slammer I put a larger owner hook on much better hook up ratio. Second if you miss the strike give it a pause and then rip it and make the bait slurp and 90% they will hit it again. Also the single hook is way better in my opinion for heavy weeds the double treble pulls in to much slop!