ldc and dobyns

hookedup

So I am currently looking for another rod to throw 8-10" baits . I have a dobyns 807 right now and was thinking about picking up another or trying the 867. Someone threw out the idea of trying an LDC production rod. The xh looks pretty comparable to the 807. Wonder what you guys think about those options. I currently only have dobyns

I am going to go against what I am sure nearly everyone else one here is going to tell you and stick with Dobyns. I should note I have never used a LDC and I am sure they are amazing rods, but to me the lifetime warranty on a Dobyns will trump anything else every time. I have broke rods and Gary got a new one to me the same week, their costumer service is incredible and they have completely sold me as a customer for life. And to avoid unnecessary hatred I will reiterate that I am sure Ben's rods are amazing and nothing against him or his product, I just have some bad luck and break things haha. Also if Ben does have a lifetime warranty and I just dont know about it I would say go ahead and try a LDC 8-)

You really can't go wrong with either one....however, LDC is in a different league in my opinion :D You have some Dobyns already to hold you over while your LDC is being made, so hit Ben up and get one.

What weight are you thinking of throwing? The Production XH is rated at 5-8oz but I hear a ton of people like to throw 4oz baits on it as well. So it is pretty close comparison to the range of the 807. The best comparison IMO for the weight range of the 867 is the Parabolic XXH(it's a custom rod so it will be more $, but well worth it!). 867 has a range of about 3-10oz, it can handle the Mother in a bind, but not my go to rod for it. The Parabolic seems good to me from 4oz up to 13-14oz....and I do mean each and every oz in between, it handles beautifully :D

But don't trust me, hit Ben up and he can explain everything! Best rods, best customer service and all made by a guy that catches monster fish and throws nothing but swimbaits....what's a Dobyns again? :lol::lol:

If I get the LDC it will be a production rod, not a custom. I am looking for another rod to throw 10" TTs, slide swimmer 250s, ROF 12 and 16 hudds, and some 9 and 11" skt's (although the 11" skt would be pushing it for either rod).

Ldc XH parabolic, that's all you'll need for anything down to a wake jr. I have tried everything else. I'll never buy another rod except from Ben.

It handles baits like the 250 and big possum (7.5oz) with ease as well.

Like he said..... I have tried everything else. I'll never buy another rod except from Ben.

My third rod is in production now ...... LDC H 8.5 parabolic :mrgreen:

I have a dobyny 807 and a 867 and a LDC standard XH. The 867 will toss everything the 867 will toss so don't get the 807. The 867 is supposed to be rated for 16 oz which is BS. If I hang a a dead twitch on it it has an enormous bend up at the fast tip section and I feel it would snap if I hauled of and casted. The 867 loads up way down the blank but it seems to loose power with a deep load up (gets rubbery) where as the LDC wants to fling that bait even farther the more it loads. The LDC has a long butt which gives you a ton of leverage castin big baits. Spiral is a no brainer once you used to it. I ordered a H standard and once it gets here I will probably sell the 807 then order a custom Para and dump the 867 when that one is done..

Has anyone ever broke an LDC ?? XH Pro will work. Pretty nice all around stick. Similar to the flex of the XH Okuma . All I have now are LDC's. They get it done. NEVER Broke a rod. After lots of toads still going strong . I think my 14.9 was caught on the XH Pro. Again to anyone thinking of a LDC the custom Vs Pro are nothing like each other. At all ; / I ask again . Has anyone broke one? If so how?

I bought an 807 to throw the 10 realprey trout and it couldn't handle it. Then I got an LDC production and it really chucks that bait. The LDC production XH absolutely chucks the Deps 250, it was almost like the rod was made to throw it. Good luck with your decision, I also own a dobyns 806 ML and it maybe my favorite rod, however I have never fished an LDC H either.

I have never fished a Dobyns either but have fished loomis bbr series and the okumas...the production xh is my favorite rod I even fish the baby wake on it...dude where do you live? Maybe we could hook you up with one of us ldc heads and let you toss one around let you see what everyone is raving about..and as far as warranty can't speak for bens company but the dude will bend over backwards to make you happy and keep you happy