ldc and dobyns

hookedup

I have an 8' LDC XH Pro it handles 4-6 oz baits well. Good backbone to flip 10 lb fish on the boat all day! haha. But anything over that is pushing it a little. IMO it's perfect for hudds.

My buddy has a Dobyns 867 and I think it's a little more versitile than the XH Pro. It can handle 4-8 oz baits well. And it can toss the heavier baits easier and a little further.

I'm gonna go against the majority and say if I had to choose just between those 2 rods, it would be the Dobyns 867 because of the versatility. I haven't tried the custom LDC's but they might be better than the Pro rods.

I have put both my ldc's through the ringer. From sturgeon fishing to muskie. 55" sturgein and 30lb muskies. Both the xh and xxh work amazing. Even fished my xh last winter in 20 degree weather in January and February. For me I wont buy another swimbait rod/ muskie rod. Mind you mine are both customs but the productiin rods are no slouch. I will prob be getting a mh or a h production very soon.

Jeremy

I hate my 867.........bought it to throw big baits because it was rated to 16 oz baits but it couldn't handle a 250 slide swimmer at 7 oz. It just sits in my rod rack. I don't have any LDC's but I hear they are great, I use Loomis swimbait rods.

Has anyone ever broke an LDC ?? XH Pro will work. Pretty nice all around stick. Similar to the flex of the XH Okuma . All I have now are LDC's. They get it done. NEVER Broke a rod. After lots of toads still going strong . I think my 14.9 was caught on the XH Pro. Again to anyone thinking of a LDC the custom Vs Pro are nothing like each other. At all ; / I ask again . Has anyone broke one? If so how?

I broke one.

Like this: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5063

Read my second post on the topic. Yet another reason I roll LDC.

I chuck baits up to 8ozs on the LDC XH Production no prob... it just casts different than most rods in that rating. A little practice with the heavier baits and you'll find the right cast. The XH is a very versatile rod I use for baits from 2ozs(top hook ospreys) all the way up to my 8oz hardbait topwaters. Also you get to support a fellow swimbaiter and American that puts his heart into the work he does.. and it shows. And for a price cheaper than Dobyns... hand made craftsmanship not cookie cutter mass produced overseas gear ;)

I have an 806 and a production XH. I really like the split fat grips that the LDC has, you get really nice leverage, and makes It feel really nice in my hands and it tucks up into my armpit comfortably.The dobyns handle is a little short and slim for me. I was lucky enough to buy the XH off of someone, so I didn't have to wait for it to be built, that would have been a pretty big factor in my decision.

i use dobyns. i would say the ceiling for an 867 would be a 10inch / 6ounce bait. i use an 867 for the deps 250 on regular basis. i wouldnt go anything bigger than that bait, as it seems to be the sweet spot.

:)

ive been a die hard dobyns fan since day 1. the company and the rods have been good to me. however, one day i may purchase a few ldc rods.

I have a production LDC XH and it has served me very well for the fish that I have caught on it. Can't wait to get my hands on a few other LDC's down the road! I casted Louie's 807 and it seemed to throw a gan craft 178 just fine!

i use dobyns. i would say the ceiling for an 867 would be a 10inch / 6ounce bait. i use an 867 for the deps 250 on regular basis. i wouldnt go anything bigger than that bait, as it seems to be the sweet spot.

:)

ive been a die hard dobyns fan since day 1. the company and the rods have been good to me. however, one day i may purchase a few ldc rods.

The 16 oz rating is false advertising. It pissed me off when I put my dead twitch on it and the rod tip bent to the ground.

Has anyone ever broke an LDC ?? XH Pro will work. Pretty nice all around stick. Similar to the flex of the XH Okuma . All I have now are LDC's. They get it done. NEVER Broke a rod. After lots of toads still going strong . I think my 14.9 was caught on the XH Pro. Again to anyone thinking of a LDC the custom Vs Pro are nothing like each other. At all ; / I ask again . Has anyone broke one? If so how?

If anyone going to break a LDC rod it's going to be you Don :D