Monster snook!!!

flaswimbaiter

I was working the shallow side of a large oyster bar with a deeper trough on the other side. I was tossing a 5†punker and when I saw some bait on the other side getting spooked, I tossed a few times, but didn’t get bit. After a few minutes the school scattered and I realized they were 10-14†mullet. So I grabbed my larger punker and tossed right into the school. Before I could walk it more than foot..KABOOOOSH!!! I got nailed by something big. Now I have out a lot of line, a large unknown fish and a huge bar between us. Luckily she move around the short end and around a pillar and onto the flat, then she realized she was in trouble and started ripping drag and jumping. I didn’t realize how big and FAT she was, until she got near the boat, and then I started to freak out a little. She went 38†without a pinch tail. I didn’t weight her, but due to her girth I would estimate her weight at 18-20 pounds.

I also realized after wards that she bent out most of my Owner ST41s.

Swimbaiting in saltwater is very frustrating, but the results can be outstanding.

post-91-14252989505643_thumb.jpg

post-91-14252989505957_thumb.jpg

Sick Fish! Isn't it amazing how hard those snook can pull! I caught one the other day and it fought so hard and long she would belly up when I put her back. I had to hold her for five minutes to let her recover long enough to swim again on her own. That ones a big one!