What's better than one musky? Dos...

SPEEDBEAD

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two? Two? Are you &*@*ing kidding me? Wow! Most guys would willingly part with a much-treasured body part to get one musky a day, and you get two! Sweet!

Hooking them while standing waist deep in the water is the scary part. :twisted:

You've got that right! It's a good thing they're not more vindictive! A musky has enough built-in armament to make you think twice about joining them in crotch-deep water; through in a set of wickedly sharp trebles and things really get dicey! :twisted:

So, how do you land them? By hand, gripper, or really big, small-mesh landing net?

F this, I'm growing a beard! :lol:

Is that the secret?.....I thought it was the attractive attire. You need one of those face hoodies the young thugs in Cali wear at night. Seriously though, nice fishes..wish we had em.

He lands them with his teeth.

So, how do you land them? By hand, gripper, or really big, small-mesh landing net?

You can see the grass in the pic, what you can't see is that there is about a foot of water running through there. Easiest thing (on me and the fish) is to walk back through the weeds pulling the fish with you.

It seems to calm them down as they are still "in their element" and in only a foot of water they are much easier to deal with as they can only go forward. No real down or sideways movement. You can see the first one has no bait in the pic, second one does. The first one must have slashed at it and missed as it was hooked under the chin. Those kind get unhooked before I pick them up for pics. ;)

The second one had the bait sideways in her mouth. Makes me a little less leery picking them up when the trebles are in the mouth.