Club Tourney Domination With A PB

evans_usmc69

Went to my club tourney yesterday on one of the main lakes in Southern Trout Eaters. Actually wasn't expecting much and planned on mostly fishing a new "proto" that Stephen Morgan made for me and trying to catch fish on it :mrgreen:

Started out in morning throwing a HPH glide and had some fish come up on it but couldn't get em to fully commit, just bumping it. Then around 11 we were just going down a bank where I have caught 4-5lbers before and I got surprised by a slob out of nowhere on a Deps 250!!

She made a crazy surge right at the boat, but thankfully the ST-58's held her(actually hooked on the outside of her jaw, glad I wasn't in Cali :lol: ) and Stephen kept me calm and netted her for me like a boss! We both thought she was around 10-11, but she was a tad light and weighed in at 9lbs 7oz on my scales and 9.43lbs on our club scales at the end of the day....a new PB :D:D

We kept fishing and I had a few bites on some other baits and so did Stephen, but no hook ups except for some that we had on for just a spit second, until I got another good fish on the Deps 250. After catching the 9lber, I thought she weighed around 5 but she went 6.25lbs :D

As far as the tourney, took first place with 2 fish for 15.68, 2nd place had 5 fish with 9.63lbs :lol::lol: Got a lot of people to thank for this PB because without all of them, this fish might not of been possible. So if I did forget to thank you, let me say it now, thank you to everyone that has helped me out the past few years. I know the swimbait world has it's fair share of drama, but I think you would be hard pressed to find a better group of guys willing to share information than this forum. You guys have always helped and inspired me when I needed it :D WANG CHUNG MAN :lol::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSWJ9Tx2zg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys :D

Booooomm! Would have loved to been at the weigh in and seen some jaws on the ground. Two fish and killed it..Ha, right on.

Man..why couldn't it have eaten a 12 inch bass in the morning!

:lol: It was funny cuz I wasn't in the running for angler of the year and the 2 guys that were within a few pounds of each other took their time weighing in. I kept my fish in the livewell and they kept asking me why I wasn't weighing in etc. I stalled them and hadn't mentioned a word except to a good friend who I told I only had a 5 and the other one was "nothing special" :lol: But yeah, there were some jaws dropping when I pulled the big girl out :mrgreen: