What baits do you throw in Winter?

radicalrat

in california we sometimes have warmer weather in the winter months (compared to a lot of other states) so sometimes ill actually throw faster moving baits when its not to cold.This is because there has been times when the bass are truely working to get a meal.They chase the trout so aggresively sometimes that youll see the trout dart up to the surface and occasionally even come on to land by accident.I know sounds crazy but its true.

I stick to four different baits that have worked for me

1.3;16 workhorse in trout pattern

2. 10" dockrat trout glide

3.3:16 10 inch sport model (especially when fishing in clear water)

4.ROF 5 hudd. (usually when its colder because i like to creep it along the bottom)

Edited by mjw2121

"Winter can't come soon enough!"...said no member on this board. Ever.

Winter can't come soon enough! I say that. I prefer winter than summer. I like fishing in the winter, most of my bigger fish were caught in winter (most in February) and my PB was caught in January. Even when I'm not fishing I prefer the winter. Where I live summer is very hot and winter is not very cold (it snows maybe once or twice in 50 years! lol) I prefer cold than heat. Sometimes in the summer I almost can't breathe. I can take my shirt off and I'm still hot. I can't take my skin off! lol In the winter I dress some layers of clothe and a coat, some nice socks and boots and I'm fine. :) 

Winter can't come soon enough! I say that. I prefer winter than summer. I like fishing in the winter, most of my bigger fish were caught in winter (most in February) and my PB was caught in January. Even when I'm not fishing I prefer the winter. Where I live summer is very hot and winter is not very cold (it snows maybe once or twice in 50 years! lol) I prefer cold than heat. Sometimes in the summer I almost can't breathe. I can take my shirt off and I'm still hot. I can't take my skin off! lol In the winter I dress some layers of clothe and a coat, some nice socks and boots and I'm fine. :)

i could not agree more lol

Some of you may already do this but there was a dude on FB who hollowed out the tail of a hudd and put some "Foam Sealant" inside and a added an additional nail weight in the nose.  

The bait would dive nose first and once it sank the tail would rise making it seem like the bait was feeding on prey.  Gave a nice presentation on the bottom.

I tried looking for the post but it has to be a few years old by now.. That and an S waver are my go to winter baits

Some of you may already do this but there was a dude on FB who hollowed out the tail of a hudd and put some "Foam Sealant" inside and a added an additional nail weight in the nose.  

The bait would dive nose first and once it sank the tail would rise making it seem like the bait was feeding on prey.  Gave a nice presentation on the bottom.

I tried looking for the post but it has to be a few years old by now.. That and an S waver are my go to winter baits

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPJhGz3hgrH/

https://www.instagram.com/p/_fdjDZMtrq/

• 3 months later...