Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

triple_illusion

NFC as in north fork composites gary loomis' company? If so who are you having wrap them? I was really interested in them a while back but I didn't think they had anything that could handle big baits

Over the years I've had and fished swimbaits on-

Okuma 7'11 XH

Okuma 7'11 H

Okuma 7'6'' mh

Custom NFC 8' 6 power

Custom NFC 8' 6 power

Dobyns 867

Calcutta 400 TE, Calcutta B, Curado 300e, Curado 200e, Bantam Chronarch, Bantam Curado, Citica D, Cardiff 300.

NFC as in north fork composites gary loomis' company? If so who are you having wrap them? I was really interested in them a while back but I didn't think they had anything that could handle big baits
Over the years I've had and fished swimbaits on-

Okuma 7'11 XH

Okuma 7'11 H

Okuma 7'6'' mh

Custom NFC 8' 6 power

Custom NFC 8' 6 power

Dobyns 867

Calcutta 400 TE, Calcutta B, Curado 300e, Curado 200e, Bantam Chronarch, Bantam Curado, Citica D, Cardiff 300.

Yep :twisted: They're so killer, ask Ali :D

That particular blank I'm on my 3rd rod, I can comfortably throw 1/2oz small swimbaits, say on a jighead, all the way up to rof 12 hudds comfortably, thrown baits up to the size of a BAA on it but I liked a heavier rod for that, been throwing my deps on an Okuma XH, but I'm either going to step up to the EVX 8'6' XH/XXH (I forget) for the bigger stuff 5oz+, or the Irod Jumbo swim, probably the EVX solely based off of the extra length.

My buddy used to live near the factory and hes wrapped them for me for a long time! I also have a 762 spinning rod that is to die for, but we'll save that for another site :lol: .

That particular blank I'm on my 3rd rod, I can comfortably throw 1/2oz small swimbaits, say on a jighead, all the way up to rof 12 hudds comfortably, thrown baits up to the size of a BAA on it but I liked a heavier rod for that, been throwing my deps on an Okuma XH, but I'm either going to step up to the EVX 8'6' XH/XXH (I forget) for the bigger stuff 5oz+, or the Irod Jumbo swim, probably the EVX solely based off of the extra length.

My buddy used to live near the factory and hes wrapped them for me for a long time! I also have a 762 spinning rod that is to die for, but we'll save that for another site :lol: .

Which particular 6 power NFC did you have it built on? I have a two of the 9 power rods in the Mag Bass series, and find them to max out at 1.5 oz.

Which particular 6 power NFC did you have it built on? I have a two of the 9 power rods in the Mag Bass series, and find them to max out at 1.5 oz.

Yea I've heard the same about the 809, all my blanks I believe ended up being discontinued but a friend had a stash of them.. I think the powers for NFC depend on the application, a 5 power swimbait rod can throw 2-4oz but a 5 power jig rod is designed for 1/4-1oz, its a litte confusing but mine are something along the lines of 806's I used to know the exact mode number but forgot.

Here's what I'm taking to the lake in the morning. 3 are Capt G's original blanks, he did the handles and I just wrapped the guides. Don't laugh at the pink, it's for my wife, I just wrapped the guides last week so it gets spash tested tomorrow.

The black and white is a build I just finished on a Batson XP845, for smaller 1 ounce swimbaits for suzuki seabass, going to test it out with the Missionfish in the morning.

Have a couple heavier rods in the works but they aren't done yet.

Hmm, no pics? Is this setup so newbs can't post pics? First it tells me too many kb, now says too small? Pretty restrictive it seems.

Anything under 640kb should work fine, large photos just resize so their largest side is under that. If you continue to have problems PM me and I can post the pics for you.

Hmm, no pics? Is this setup so newbs can't post pics? First it tells me too many kb, now says too small? Pretty restrictive it seems.

Upload pictures via imgur and create BBC images. Copy and paste links to post.

Any questions, get at me via pm