HPH Gliding Gizzard

Spectrum

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They don't rotate.

As far as hooks and rings, stock 1/0 36s and I think #5 split rings. I put #6 hyper wires and stick with the 1/0 36s on my XSS. I've gone up to 46s and 56s with the same bait, and with 56s the XSS becomes more of a SS. I stick with the 36s because I like to keep the bait to where it suspends on the pause.

this bait is killer...took it out for test drive the 2nd time and its amazing if you have something close to an XSS... i need to invest in a gopro, cant really explain the action of the bait. fast retrieve and stop is my favorite. the bait glides of until line tightens or holds it down. also if you have slow moving water the bait will do the work for you. just cast, retrieve slowly, stop and it retrieve itself and glide like a lazy shad. debating about getting another before theyre no more.

I like giving it a rip with the rod while doing a quick turn of the reel handle (thats what she said)... Darts like crazy, you can get it to do so much crazy ish with different retrieve styles.

+1 I also enjoy ripping it up really fast while reeling to get it to dart back and forth aggressively. The one I have is difficult to jerk out of the water until it's right at the boat, even though it's a heavy floater. Glides that stay down like this one, even on a fast retrieve, work the best for me in warm water. One really great thing about the HPH glide is that it's nothing like the smooth glide of a Deps 250. I fish it very similar even though it's a different glide though, fast turns followed by letting it glide wide, then right back into the tight glide. Recently went and missed 2 spots I'm guessing both over 5lbs within a few casts of each other....high 40s water :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Great reviews and awesome video!

Had mine for a month or so now.. Still can't get over the realism with the paint job, the action is great, I feel you kinda have to make it swim yourself with reel jerks and rod pulls/jerks. But once you figure it out, You can make this bait do so many crazy things. Unfortunately I still haven't got a bite yet, I fish a rock quarry in Florida and the big girls haven't been moving much since early fall. But the bite is coming and I'm sure I will do some damage soon.