Un Monstre d'Orient

habla10

Hello,

that's the video of the biggest pike i caught in a french lake called "lac de la foret d'orient".

catched with a Boot-tail 10", what a fight, what memory !

look at the size of the boot-tail 10" at the side of the pike of 124cm :

<a href=img-2026.jpg' alt='img-2026.jpg'>

thanks for answering,

i have saw on google image the tiger musky, the color are fabelous !

thanks for the information, do you known the record in longer of musky and tiger musky ?

in France there is big big tube import from Canada from "red October" in 8,10 and 12", it's good for pike who saw a lot of lure, a guide on the biggest European lake made his own tube in 12" but a body of 8"with a lot of skirt.

thanks again for the information

The muskie records are really controversial and the old official records have pretty much been proven false.

For this reason a new record keeping organization has been formed and the new modern day record muskie is 58" and the modern day tiger is 52.5". A lot of stories of much bigger than that but these are the biggest that are documented to today's standards.

The old record is around 63" I think but like I said it's not likely that it was that big.

Them big tubes are popular, and so are the big rubber baits like the bulldawg.

That pike has some girth to it!

I'm sure in the secluded parts of Canada somewhere there is a 100Lb muskie swimming around. That would not surprise me one bit. I also think not too long ago the WR tiger muskie was caught (in MN if I remember correctly). It could have just been a state record, but that tiger was an absolute monster!

ok, yes in France too, there is a lot of fishing "legend" about size of fish

the biggest French, is by Sylvain Legendre from pure fishing taken a 137cm (54") on "lac d'Annecy".

there is biggest pike in the "lac Leman" (the biggest European lake, an alpine lake) there is some huge pike, some professional fisher taken some albinos one with fishing net about 160/170cm on the swiss side but they don't eat some lure in this size... :?

You can see big pike on this :

http://www.trophy-pike-solutions.com/photos/

I have taken a pike male of 116cm, the female are very biggest

this bigs pikes loves American swimbait like BBZ or Boot-tail :lol:

thanks everybody

Beau poisson!!! Bonne chance et des lignes tendues mon ami.

You are French or "just" speak French ?

I'm sure in the secluded parts of Canada somewhere there is a 100Lb muskie swimming around. That would not surprise me one bit. I also think not too long ago the WR tiger muskie was caught (in MN if I remember correctly). It could have just been a state record, but that tiger was an absolute monster!

I never see before a tiger musky, I show it to some "fisher- friend", they were stupefied by his amazing color, beautiful !

The muskie records are really controversial and the old official records have pretty much been proven false.

For this reason a new record keeping organization has been formed and the new modern day record muskie is 58" and the modern day tiger is 52.5". A lot of stories of much bigger than that but these are the biggest that are documented to today's standards.

The old record is around 63" I think but like I said it's not likely that it was that big.

Them big tubes are popular, and so are the big rubber baits like the bulldawg.

ok thanks, they don't like swimbait ?

In a few month, I have learn and see some unknown American Swim with SU, it's very interesting for a French Guy like me, because in France there isn't a lot of importation from USA :? (lure or rod), we have to buy some very expensive Japanese rod or dirty French rod....We have just "St Croix", not kistler, not g-loomis, not dobyns, etc... :?:roll:

I'm sure in the secluded parts of Canada somewhere there is a 100Lb muskie swimming around. That would not surprise me one bit. I also think not too long ago the WR tiger muskie was caught (in MN if I remember correctly). It could have just been a state record, but that was an absolute monster!

I would venture to guess that Lac Suel has a few fish pushing the triple digit number. With it being 180 miles long and having the walleye population that it does along with the other baitfish i can promise you it has one or more in there. Im trying to plan a trip up there for next summer. Last time i was up there (2yrs ago) I saw one cruising the shallows in the bay or cabin was in that had to have been 53-55" and had one on that was prob pushing the 50" mark, but it came unbuttoned. . I ended up boating a few that were over 40" and I think 7 or 8 that were 30-36"

Awesome video by the way. Nice catch.