some baits

gturcan

I've always loved German engineering. If you don't mind me asking, what material are you using for the bodies & how are you doing your scale patterns ?

the bodies are out of urethane resin. in US you have alumilite for instance, that kind of stuff. I am using a swiss made resin called Syka. as for the scale pattern, the exact way to get it is kind of a secret. what I can tell you is that I'm using a combination of techniques: carving, modelling, burning and meshing. There is no correct way to get a detailed lure body and all you should do is to not let your imagination be boxed. every technique has its own advantages/disatvantages and if you invest some time you can combine all those different techniques and pretty much do whatever you like.

If you are starting I'd recommend try familiarize yourself with the burning pencil at first. then take a look at the modelling clay used by Hollywood to make those scary puppets ;)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys, appreciate it. now for a change a trout jerkbait glider I just finished. it is 7inches and about 3.4 Oz. the body is that of a trout and it is painted as a hybrid, or the so called tiger trout. thick epoxy coating since is meant for pike/muskie fishing.

post-3908-14252995963905_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
the blue gill. I know is ridiculously big, a real pig, but this is what they asked for...

Those big bluegills would be killer around here bud!!

How about this one? :D

Wow!! Awesome work!! :shock: Those Big Florida Bass would be all over those. My biggest is 11lbs 15oz, but I am looking for BIGGER!!

a project I am currently working on. almost finished. this is the head part of a 10 inches, 3 parts bass swimbait. A 2 parts glider will be also finished pretty soon but i don't have any pictures of it yet. hope you like it

post-3908-14252997006157_thumb.jpg