OFF! Clip On

ATFISHING1234

CAM01325_zps861c5a2e.jpg

For those of you who fish at night like I often do, dealing with mosquitoes is a fact of life. I hate the feel and the smell that bug sprays leave on me so I would go without it sometimes and pay the price.

Last summer I came across this “Off Clip Onâ€. I was skeptical, but for less than $10 I decided to give it a try. The product is very easy to use, Put in the small cartridge, turn it on and clip it on. My night fishing sessions are not that long, 3 to 4 hours, and 1 cartridge lasted 4 sessions before having to get a refill. One thing though, I lost the initial one I bought last month, so not sure how long the battery last before replacing the unit.

As for what is most important, keeping the bugs away…….It works! Please keep in mind that I’m in So Cal and I’m sure the mosquitoes here are nothing compared to other parts of the country, but it has worked very well for me. I have not been bit since I started using it. I am curious to see how it would fair in areas with bigger more aggressive mosquitoes. Hopefully someone else has used this and will chime in.

For around $10 you get the clip on unit and 1 cartridge. Refills run about $4 and you get 2 per pack. Personally It's been well worth it for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I finally broke down and got a thermacell, it's basically the same thing, just a little more heavy duty.

186744d1312998576-biting-black-flies-boat-any-remedies-thermacell.jpg

It's awesome for any time you're in a buggy situation. Keeps em all away, mosquitoes, biting flies, no-see-ums.

Those look great please give us more details.....price, how to use, how long cartriges last, batteries or rechargable, etc. etc.

thanks.

I use the Thermacell sitting in a treestand. There is no scent associated with them (you can buy a fresh earth scented for hunting) so that is a big plus. It works well in a stationary position like you are typically in while hunting.

I thought it would help on the boat. It did not. Because the boat was moving, I believe that the coverage zone was diluted to the point of being just a waste of materials.

I can see it working in a fishing situation if you are hanging on the bank, drinking beer and waiting for a catfish to swim by. On the boat? Not so much in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Im in Mass and do alot of fishing at night so the bugs are a pain in the ass and due to this thread topic I got a Clip on a couple weeks ago it works great for me. I just clip it right on to my belt turn it on and the bugs dont bother me. Sometimes I have to just put on a tiny bit of bug spay to go along with it on the nights the bugs are really bad. But legit I can fish for an hour or 2 without a single bug bite. My first cartridge has lasted me I'd guess 8 hour or so. The price is pretty cheap and this is a must have espically if you do alot of night fishing.

I use a Thermacell while night fishing in my kayak. Since I'm not moving too much and when I do it's fairly slow it seems to be pretty effective. The mosquito is the state bird of Alabama and it seem to fend them off pretty well. I noticed that the bugs stay away even as I'm loading up to go home. I discovered that by accident one night when I forgot to turn it off before loading up my stuff. I think they're about $25 and the refill kits are about the same but they last a long time. One butane bottle lasts about three pads or so. I think you get about 3 hrs from each pad. I know I'm off on the times I've just never really paid attention to how long they last.

• 1 month later...

I know it is not the Clip On but they also have off bracelets that I have used and work pretty good for what it is. The clip on works good to but sometimes they don't even care around here and no amount of bug spray will save you. Also a little pro tip is Avon skin so soft. It is maybe the best and doesn't smell like bug spray. That's old school and a lot of you might know of maybe your mother or grandma does and used it. Windex also works really good. Spray it on a paper towel or something and wipe it on.

• 10 months later...

Deet is poisonous ish..try the method in this video, though im sure anything combined with apple cider vinegar will work. it smells a bit strong but it works pretty well.

acv is the best kept secret in modern medicine. literally a cure-all.

The clip is awesome when there isn't too much wind; but the dry spray is better when bugs get a little crazy.

My buddies and I have been using the dry spray alot lately. Much because it doesn't smell nor is as grimey as normal deet.

^ thanks for the heads up. I'm about to do some research on that thermacell