Got another 250 toothy

SPEEDBEAD

Lots of you guys have either seen it on FB or Insta but I'll put it up here too. No measurements or weights this time of year due to stress on the fish. Quick photo and back in the water.

We had to revive one when we first got there because guys don't know how to handle these dinosaurs.

Overall a very good day. Hooked/rolled 4 total including this one and what felt like an absolute BEAST that bit me off on the Hudd.

post-70-14253000703284_thumb.jpg

The fish bit through 20lb cxx like it was nothing. I'll be tying some heavy leaders for the next trip.

That is a tag. Good eye. I have caught a bunch of tagged fish in the area but I'm unaware of any tracking done by the state.

i would be terrified to throw a deps in a lake with teeth like that!!

I'd be terrified not too…given the results! Awesome fish. Did you happen to get the number/info of the tag? A lot of state fish and game agencies love to get that info back and will tell you how frequently the fish has been caught and how big it was.

I didnt this time but I'm going to try to in the future. This is the third one I've caught but the first one I actually realized what it was. This river system is pretty volatile and with all the crap that had accumulated on the other ones (algae, mud) I really thought that they got a little too close to a sharp branch during one of the floods. This one had some yellow showing through the muck so I knew it wasn't a stick impaling the fish or some sort of attached parasite.