Really Good Day at Westlake

BASS

Since the rain finally stopped, I decided to head to Westlake to see if the fish were hitting. I have heard from some swimbait sticks that the day-3 days after it rains, if you go to this certain spot, fishing will be good. I will leave that spot for you guys to find...

Right when we got there, I through on a hudd to see if anything was hitting. after an hour with nothing, I switched over to a hudd shad, still nothing. I decided it was time to resort to finesse. I through on a 7" robo on a light texas rig and almost immediately we were on some fish.

I had one of those days where the fish chose my bait. There were two people and Drew around me, and I ended up with 13 fish which was almost more than all of them combined. This was my first fish of the day. He went 5.11, pretty solid fish...

post-112-14252984729091_thumb.jpg

This guy hit on the drop, he went 5.5

post-112-14252984728575_thumb.jpg

It was getting late, so we put back some swimbaits. We were throwing the sissy rising son. On Drew's first cast, a fish exploded on his bait but missed the hooks. He took his next cast and got thunked. Fish On! After a long fight, we landed him.

He went 6.96 we'll just say 7.

post-112-14252984729814_thumb.jpg

unfortunately we had to go. Drew and I combined caught 22 fish, it was a great outing. Our biggest five went about 26.5 pounds. Quality day!

Sorry for the LONG report.

Rocky

Nice fish man, congrats! You should fish tourneys... just an idea :idea: You always seem to get them. Props ;)

Thanks! Yeah, I am starting the tournament stuff this June... When my friend gets his license and we have access to his boat..

Westlake has tournament every year, and I tried it this year and had an off day. Nick ot second, almost had first, and I go fifth and I missed a good fish that could of moved me up a bit. maybe this year I'll get top 3... Lts hope so. Its pretty small

What tournament circuit besides Westlake? I was thinking about doing a tourney, forgot the organization tho( they were at BAT). I just couldnt pull the $200 tourney fee tho. Maybe this summer...

IDK exactly what tourny it is,Drew is the one who found it. There is a $150 fee, but we are going to split it. Its a team tournament. It sucks to have to pay, but until we get sponsored, we have to pay up.

Hey, did one of you lose a Berkeley nail clipper/knife? I found one when I went back there today... And of course got skunked :evil:

hahaha thats mine! I knew I left it there...

Honestly, we were casting the worms 6 feet in front of us. Right where I lost the senko fish the other day nick. Go back at night and chuck a swimbait along the side of the rocks and be ready for an explosion happened 2 drew and I twice in tow casts

wait thats my berkely nail clipper/knife! its was in my pocket with my phone(which i kept taking out to take pics which resulted in the loss) its all black with red writing i got it in sand diego with all of my big hammers when i was fishing in the bay.