Soft tool?

kevinbarnosky

Its a very good bait if you go through the steps to take care of it. First thing I do is cut open all those air bubbles and pour new plastic in to fill them. Then take and get some super glue to attached the soft plastic to the hard body. Do this through the opening by the mouth around the top and bottom, this is the most crucial step in making this bait last. Next add a split ring to the front, and I like just a single 2/0 hook. Never missed a fish, or felt the need for a trailer. Depending on when it was made will effect the durability also, the older ones where made of a much tougher plastic, the newer ones are poured by robo-worm and SUPER soft, mend it is your friend with those ones.

Its a very good bait if you go through the steps to take care of it. First thing I do is cut open all those air bubbles and pour new plastic in to fill them. Then take and get some super glue to attached the soft plastic to the hard body. Do this through the opening by the mouth around the top and bottom, this is the most crucial step in making this bait last. Next add a split ring to the front, and I like just a single 2/0 hook. Never missed a fish, or felt the need for a trailer. Depending on when it was made will effect the durability also, the older ones where made of a much tougher plastic, the newer ones are poured by robo-worm and SUPER soft, mend it is your friend with those ones.

Thanks but why do you have to fill the air bubbles with new plastic

You don't have to, its just a suggestion. I would use mend it and glue around the bill though, it tends to come apart in that area.

You don't have to, its just a suggestion. I would use mend it and glue around the bill though, it tends to come apart in that area.

Just to let everyone know nothing Jerry makes is poured by roboworm. The small bvds and skts were awhile back but that hasn't been the case for a long time. Jerry is a one man show. Great suggestions for glueing around the bill. I've had soft tools last for a long time and some start to split at the mouth right away. A little mend it on the split and back in business.

Just to let everyone know nothing Jerry makes is poured by roboworm. The small bvds and skts were awhile back but that hasn't been the case for a long time. Jerry is a one man show. Great suggestions for glueing around the bill. I've had soft tools last for a long time and some start to split at the mouth right away. A little mend it on the split and back in business.

Thanks for clearing that up Danny, that's just what it says on tackle warehouse and what several people that I thought knew what they where talking about said.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to hear what anyone has to say (especially Danny for obvious reasons) about the 11" soft tool. Maybe even some suggestions on how to fish it. We were recently given one and I've only been able to throw it a couple times. I think it swims great but I'm still trying to find the right scenarios to throw it where I know it will produce. I'm sure if I fish it enough I'll get bit but there seems to be times, places and scenarios where certain baits really find their niche. Any advice would be great.

I'd love to hear what anyone has to say (especially Danny for obvious reasons) about the 11" soft tool. Maybe even some suggestions on how to fish it. We were recently given one and I've only been able to throw it a couple times. I think it swims great but I'm still trying to find the right scenarios to throw it where I know it will produce. I'm sure if I fish it enough I'll get bit but there seems to be times, places and scenarios where certain baits really find their niche. Any advice would be great.

I havent used the tools since last fall but Its a great trolling bait if your into that kind of thing. Winter time when the fish are on the bottom, that 11" will get down deep. I've only caught one fish on the 11 and one on the 9" and both times I was fishing over a spot I had a follower earlier in the day.IMG_20140311_093527_zps95780945.jpg

• 5 months later...