battle for the underground question

SWIMBO

Hey just a question for the masses...

do you guys feel the criteria for these tournaments is fair?

I mean a teener is a teener...but what about the others who contribute here and live in states where the biggest bass ever recorded is under 10# like Minnesota for example...Is the only chance they have to win if a person from a bigbass state doesn't catch a decent fish(for their area)?

Im not trying to start an argument..im just curious how the masses feel..keep it civil lets be adults and talk about it..seriously

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You looking to handicap the tourneys? I see the logic, but it's tough to do, and there's math and honesty involved,neither of which are great talents of most fishermen.

And I certainly disagree with NorCal's statement. Generally, there's a pyramid-shaped hierarchy of fish in each weight class cascading down from the top consistent weight allowed by climate, biomass/habitat, and forage. CA nails those three like no other. And they feed them trout. THEY FEED THEM TROUT!!!

It's tough because the percentage thing is BS, I don't care if your state record is 10lbs, catching a 5lbr there isn't as hard as catching a 12-13 in Cali

imo I beg to differ...a 5#er in a state like Minnesota is probably older than a 12-13#er in cali..seriously think about it logically

You looking to handicap the tourneys? I see the logic, but it's tough to do, and there's math and honesty involved,neither of which are great talents of most fishermen.

no sir im not looking to do anything! I was just curious how others felt that's all...

everyone swears we just catch big fish here all day in CA...it's just not as easy as everyone thinks

most of the lakes in my area have water visibility of 50-60 ft yr round

:lol: don no one said that but you..I'm not implying anything or trying to discredit good fisherman from any state I'm simply asking what people think..

But what is interesting where people live seems to influence thier input...

Anyone here ever live in a state known for big bass and a state known for small bass?

I like the % thing.

Just my .02 cent

Same here. I dont even follow most online tourneys cuz we dont have fish that can compete. Biggest fish I've seen in 15 years of bass fishing went 7.98. So I would literally have to catch a near state record to compete.

The % thing I feel is true. Obviously won't. Ever happen here though but yea. Catching a 10 here is like catching a 20 in cali. Its nature..... a 5b bass here is probably been around just as long if not longer then a 10lb bass in the warm waters of cali. I don't catch.big.fish regardless tho so my opinion is moot.

The fact is everybody doesn't get a trophy, and genetics and biology just aren't fair. If you do it as a percentage, you pretty much eliminate everyone from FL, CA, and TX (and GA) because the fish at the tops of their "pyramids" are really freaks. So....there's really no good answer, but I don't fish to compete.

The fact is everybody doesn't get a trophy, and genetics and biology just aren't fair. If you do it as a percentage, you pretty much eliminate everyone from FL, CA, and TX (and GA) because the fish at the tops of their "pyramids" are really freaks. So....there's really no good answer, but I don't fish to compete.

Eliminate everyone from Florida,ca,tx and ga? Some would say it evened the playing field..what no 14,15,16 or 17s caught in Cali? Probably as many 6s from Minnesota..or more??

So a 6 in a state where the records 8 isn't a freak??