Bbz rat

Kcota

heres my taughts on the paint for anything we throw paint jobs catch fishermen not fish its the action way before paint yes it may help at times but paint is not the reason they hit this rat its the action ( ive put alot of time in with this rat ) yes my go to color is white but Im 100% confident with it in lime green makes no difference (maybe in stained water it will help a little) what a good paint job does that most dont think about is it gives you confidence and in bass fishing thats what its all about (the fish do not care who paints the bait) my baits that look beat up and ungly as all hell get bit way more then a fresh out of a package bait ever does. I think this is why i get bit on older stuff , I try thinking like a bass a Predator (sounds crazy i know) but if i was a lion and a crap load of cow (or what ever) go by I would prey on the weak the ungy because my chances of killing that cow are much higher .Same goes for hook rash beat up swimbaits at least this is my theory

Edited by JeremyW

post-23512-0-96300000-1433383809_thumb.jpgpost-23512-0-83149600-1433383842_thumb.jpg

im the kind of guy that just dont sit behind a keyboard a type responses on something I know nothing about I can actually prove what I preach . If your offended by this then im talking to you -keep it real-and practice what you preach -just because you throw swimbaits does not make you a expert -

Edited by JeremyW

• 7 months later...

I love this bait I started throwing them at night at an urban pond in complete darkness(Summer and winter ) . I have caught a few fish on it but also have crash casted it a couple times In the dark . On concrete embankments and IT'S FINE ! Catches fish , nothing's broken , swims amazing . My paint is not held up the best but it holds up pretty well. Will try to post a couple pics tonight. The tail can be pretty hard to get out . So I just leave stock tail on .

Edited by Az_urban_swimbaiter

Awesome bait for the price. I throw it a lot at night and also very early morning, usually right at the shoreline and it gets hammered. Ive also found a lot of strikes coming from the pause in the retrieve, but I have had a couple burning it in and fairly close to my tube. I like getting that bait like a foot off the water on the bank then bring it slowly into the water, you would be amazed how fast some of these fish hit that thing, were talking 3-6lb bass killing it in 12-18 inches of water. They go nuts for it. Another awesome bait is the Woodrow Rat, runs a good $125, but its a handmade piece of art that absolutely slays and brings a mucher greater grade of fish. Very realistic and hand made locally in San Diego.

heres my taughts on the paint for anything we throw paint jobs catch fishermen not fish its the action way before paint yes it may help at times but paint is not the reason they hit this rat its the action ( ive put alot of time in with this rat ) yes my go to color is white but Im 100% confident with it in lime green makes no difference (maybe in stained water it will help a little) what a good paint job does that most dont think about is it gives you confidence and in bass fishing thats what its all about (the fish do not care who paints the bait) my baits that look beat up and ungly as all hell get bit way more then a fresh out of a package bait ever does. I think this is why i get bit on older stuff , I try thinking like a bass a Predator (sounds crazy i know) but if i was a lion and a crap load of cow (or what ever) go by I would prey on the weak the ungy because my chances of killing that cow are much higher .Same goes for hook rash beat up swimbaits at least this is my theory

Agreed. Another point is that bass being ambush predators are going to hit that topwater bait from underneath, All they can see before the strike is the bottom of the bait. The body detail above the water line doesnt prove that mandatory as the belly and feet of the bait (not discrediting cadence and tail movement)

I have all 5 colors in the 50 and the black, by far, is my favorite. I've had so many big fish on it - including my PB of 6.7# on Veteran's Day in 45+ degree temperatures in raining. A bunch of smallies in 35 degree tempatures, at 9-10pm in the late fall, etc.

Awesome bait - very versatile.

I also love the rat. I used it all year, in Black size 50 and caught a ton of fish, especially at night. I just got a smaller 30 in Nasty Shad to throw on my smaller rod. My brother has the purple Morning Dawn, and we caught about the same amount of fish.

I went through 2 tails this season, now trying to make my own. A worm works well, but I wonder if the beaded tail adds to the sound.  

I love it, and its cheap enough to get a new one every season.