First Deps 175 fish - a brace of walleye

FishDr

I've been waiting for open water to try my Deps 175s and finally got a chance to fling them into the dark after some open water walleye. It was a bit nerve-wracking casting $100+ lures into the gloom, but the payoff was sweet. The first fish went 28" and 8.9 on the digital scale, and also bent the rear hook on the Deps pretty badly - are the hooks softer than the typical Owner? The second fish was also 28" and weighed 9.2. The 2nd fish t-boned the Deps something wicked!

28quot%208-9%20Deps175%20WLY_zpsajctq1pu.jpg

Deps%20Smokin%2028quot%209.2%20WLY_zpsbolman23.jpg

Solid 'eye! Is that the one of the new 175s?

Thanks! It is one of the new 175s - I figured I needed to give it a try. The first fish hit pretty hard, but the second one just kind of inhaled it - I guess it thought the little trout wasn't getting away!

Badass Chris!

Healthy healthy fish

Thanks!

Awesome fish Chris .. Alex was telling me about this the other day! So cool

Thanks Cam! It was a pleasure to chat with Alex - he seems pretty afflicted by "the sickness" - he was raving about the rod you built for him. Hey, do you still have the video you made with the Sick Puppy soundtrack?

Wow! thats a scenario/species of fish that I'd love to encounter at the same time! I can only get Ol Walter on the worm harness! Way to go!
If you've got walleye that eat big baitfish, like gizzard shad, or blueback herring, or trout, then it's worth throwing big baits at them.

What I left out of my original post is that a 3rd :o 28" walleye was caught that night by my friend (who was fishing with me) - he caught his on a Hudd, and in his usual fashion, his 28" fish outweighed mine - it was his first big 'eye ever and it weighed a whopping 10.2 lbs! So one night, three 28" fish, all on swimbaits. It was, to put it mildly, pretty freakin' awesome!

Doc that is awesome... they tried to get that species started in a few lakes here just never took well. Those are awesome man.

Probably just a little too warm there in Texas, especially in the summertime. Fun fish, not known to be great fighters, but in the plus sizes like these they give a good account of themselves.