First Deps 175 fish - a brace of walleye

FishDr

Great work my friend!
MONSTERS! WTG DOC!
Dude!! Thats freaking SWEET!!!!
thats sick!! awesome fish
awesome!

Thanks everyone!

We've got world-class walleye in CO, and while there are some deadly dues who hammer them on jerkbaits at night in late fall/winter/spring, there only a couple of fools who throw big swimbaits at them.

I be one of them fools. :D

The jerk bait guys definitely catch more fish, but hey, I like to get mine on a swimbait!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow man those are hogs! What test line and type you use? My 175's nose up...going as low as 15# makes me nervous

Great catches man...we don't have them in Texas as far as I know

I'm throwing mine on 20# Big Game - they seem to do okay but I can't say I've looked too hard at whether they are nose up or not - I haven't paid that much attention to their attitude as they come through the water.

Thanks for the pics, very cool.  It's definitely a gamble throwing those in the dark, but that sure is a nice payout!

I agree, it is a bit of a gamble, but that's why I bought the things in the first place.  If I lose one, I'll:

1. Cry
  2. Put on the waders and go in after it.
  3. Tie the line off to a rock just below the water's edge, drive home, get the 'toon, drive back, and try to get it back.
  4. Buy another one, and try to explain to my wife why it is that I have this expensive hobby
  5. All of the above

Seriously though, I do a fair bit of scouting by day at the spots where I plan a night session, so I have a fair idea of what lurks in the dark.  Even so, I do lose the occasional lure, but I'd rather be casting to areas that hold fish (and lure-eating cover) than casting to areas that don't hold fish (and have no lure-eating cover).