BATTLE FOR THE UNDERGROUND - 2011

UndergroundSwimbait

BATTLE FOR THE UNDERGROUND - 2011

The Battle for the Underground will be a once a year tournament for each months winner to join. It will be held in October of every year to allow the East Coast members that won to compete before the ice moves in.

It will be held October 25th - 31st

A "Heads UP" pm has been sent to each months winner.

The Winner from Oct's tournament will also be included in the "Battle for the Underground".

All the of the same rules apply.

Please read and follow all the rules.

1) Biggest fish wins the tournament

2) Fish must be legitimately caught with a swimbait. Cast and retrieve only, no bed fishing.

3) Pictures must include:

a) the swimbait used

B) the fish on a digital scale ONLY

c) the date clearly visible on a piece of paper or a masking tape. A secret code will be released at 12:01 A.M. the first day of the tournament. The code needs to visible together with the date.

4) Your picture must be posted within 24 hours after the catch.

5) Fish anytime and anywhere between the tourney dates.

6) These rules can change depending on future situations but NOT during the tournament.

The Secret Code will be released on October 25th at 12:01 AM.

Have Fun and Good Luck l

Swimbait Underground

Now I need to get out and fish so I can have a shot at winning! SBU thanks for doing the things that you do for your members awesome job keep it up!

Yes, it's been fun, Thanks. The wife said I can be a fish that week :D I hope they or at least one good one plays.

Good luck everyone!

Now I need to get out and fish so I can have a shot at winning! SBU thanks for doing the things that you do for your members awesome job keep it up!

Yes, it's been fun, Thanks. The wife said I can be a fish that week :D I hope they or at least one good one plays.

Good luck everyone!

Hope the curse doesnt hold...

Bring on the cold!! Week of the new moon, night bite at Clear lake should get rollin...

There is one rule though that needs addressing. "your picture must be posted within 24 hours after the catch"

I have to travel a long way to get to any decent water, so if I get to go fishing I make a three day trip out of it. There is no way for me to post a pic until I get home. I understand the rule can prevent someone from sandbagging a pic but I don't think it needs to be in place.

What do you think?

Bring on the cold!! Week of the new moon, night bite at Clear lake should get rollin...

There is one rule though that needs addressing. "your picture must be posted within 24 hours after the catch"

I have to travel a long way to get to any decent water, so if I get to go fishing I make a three day trip out of it. There is no way for me to post a pic until I get home. I understand the rule can prevent someone from sandbagging a pic but I don't think it needs to be in place.

What do you think?

Get your ass home and post the pic. Play the rules or dont play? Not trying to be mean but bending the rules, I don't like. Maybe KVD can let them extend the tourney so he can run further to the winning hole, NOT. If the rules change cool. but I think 24 hours is plenty of time to post a pic. If you are driving that far then that's on you I guess. I could drive 4 hours to "good water" butch brown water LMAO! But I don't.

Oh yes, It needs to be in place, don't kid yourself. What was that line again? Give people the chance to take and 98% will :lol:

You asked what I thought. :lol: Trust a swimbaiter? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wow Don, really geniune response! Makes it sound like your afraid of some friendly competition there! Not all of us have the luxury of living an hour away from some of the best bass lakes in Ca. The three lakes within 2.5 hours of me suck for big bass (maybe a few over ten historically, meaning ever!) so I drive four hours to clear lake to have a chance. So in order to make a trip fit into my budget, I have to stay more than 24 hrs.

So, my point was, the rule is bias towards people that live in more awesome bass places than Humboldt Co. If someone is going to cheat, than they propably will no matter what the rules are. At this point the "rules" say that they can change up to the point of the tournament. That's why I even brought this up! Just looking for a rule change that doesn't need to be in place. Because if you follow all the other rules and have the code, and a scale pic and post within the tourney days your catch should be just as legit as any. Just my opinion but, in the long run who really gives a ish. This is all fun and games. In the long run, it's too bad you think you got burned as bad as you propably really didn't :o

Wow Don, really geniune response! Makes it sound like your afraid of some friendly competition there! Not all of us have the luxury of living an hour away from some of the best bass lakes in Ca. The three lakes within 2.5 hours of me suck for big bass (maybe a few over ten historically, meaning ever!) so I drive four hours to clear lake to have a chance. So in order to make a trip fit into my budget, I have to stay more than 24 hrs.

So, my point was, the rule is bias towards people that live in more awesome bass places than Humboldt Co. If someone is going to cheat, than they propably will no matter what the rules are. At this point the "rules" say that they can change up to the point of the tournament. That's why I even brought this up! Just looking for a rule change that doesn't need to be in place. Because if you follow all the other rules and have the code, and a scale pic and post within the tourney days your catch should be just as legit as any. Just my opinion but, in the long run who really gives a ish. This is all fun and games. In the long run, it's too bad you think you got burned as bad as you propably really didn't :o

If that is your arguement then those of us that don't live in florida, texas or California should have weeks to post our pics cause there have only been a handful of fish over ten pounds caught in our state in the last ten years. So i am going to need days to drive somewhere where there are bigger fish. I am sure there is somewhere that has WIFI near clear lake that will allow you to post a pic if you get one. I agree with Don if you are that concerned with winning then go home and post your pic, if not have fun fishing while you are there and don't worry about the tourney. Good luck to everyone.