MA noob

bassturds

just want to say a hi and introduce my self.

this year im going to toss the big baits! i was planning on using them last year but never did! last year turned out to be my worst season. only 1 4, 1 5 and 1 6=( previous year ive had countless 4s and 5s 7 6s and 1 7

i just recently bought a shimano muskie rod and a abu ambasseduer 6500. got it rigged with 80lbs braid! yea ive done my searching! alot of you dont like braid!

ive been fishing for 22 years! ive used braid the last 6 years! i love it! yea break offs happen! but i have alot of confidence in braid! ive used braid for cod fishing in 200 feet of water with 16ounce of weight! live line mackerel for stripers! ive flipped and pitched baits to trees stumps and weeds on bait casters! frogs, and smaller swimbaits on bait casters!

the sea fly is a huge wooden jitterbug!

i love the dannies,aka metals lipped swimmers,aka surface swimmers! the have a treble on the rear and not a piece of plastic like alot of other true freshwater wake baits!

they are a striper lure herer in the north east! these plugs have a nice side to side slow wobble. they stay on the surface,unlike some of the freshwater wake baits which want to dive! these baits you can reel in fast and still be on the surface! yea they dont have the super realistic patterns as freshwater baits but they kick butt. you can bend the eye down so the lip digs deeper. i use that when theres a little chop on the water!!!

my favorites are saltys, gibbs and lemires

• 2 years later...