megabass I-slide 262T

cloteal_cast

I've spent some time throwing the bait. Throwing two exact same setups. LDC XXH....25lb PLine CXX ....Calcutta 400B

One with the iSlide and one with the 250.

ISlide - hard for me to get the hang of it. Seems like there is a lot of slack in the action/glide. Hard to explain but just seems like you loose contact with the bait. I like the bait better on a 2 to 3 crank cadence before I give it the harder crank. Or a straight retrieve.

250. _ wider glide, I am always in contact with the bait, even with varying retrieves.. Best way to explain is 'direct drive"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to say depps r way overrated, east coasters have been unable to duplicate west coast promoters' success. And u need butch b. to tune em wtf?...with that said i am a little behind on the depps and working on the 175s this year but i think they are more like smaller swavers needing a herky jerky jb retrieve...

So you haven't fished a 250?  Hard to say they are "way over rated" if you have only fished the 175.  The 250's glide is anything but "herky jerky"

• 2 weeks later...

So you haven't fished a 250? Hard to say they are "way over rated" if you have only fished the 175. The 250's glide is anything but "herky jerky"

Been feeling the mojo lately with the depps, the islides r almost completely different baits with more random action for sure..depps still suck for needing tuning...and thr 250s are by far the most overrated and overpromoted bait in the history of sbs for that reason...folks in the know out here just aint feeling it with the 250s so I am in no rush to get one...I know islides will get cracked when the water churns.

Edited by bigpoppabass

not all 250s need tuning though. i've had injected ones that swam like a dream straight outta the package. As far as overrated or overhyped...not the case at all in my opinion. They are phenomenal baits. I think people just assume they're gonna bag a DD with one on the first cast. 

Been feeling the mojo lately with the depps, the islides r almost completely different baits with more random action for sure..depps still suck for needing tuning...and thr 250s are by far the most overrated and overpromoted bait in the history of sbs for that reason...folks in the know out here just aint feeling it with the 250s so I am in no rush to get one...I know islides will get cracked when the water churns.

What you see as a negative, I see as a positive.  I would prefer to be able to access the baits internal weight system and be able to remove weight to get the bait to do anything from suspend, to fast sink.  You cant really do that with other baits aside from adding heavier hooks.  The deps being able to be tuned is a huge asset, and one of the main reasons it gained so much popularity.  Regardless of the bait being "over promoted" or not.  I get that your confidence isnt there with it and thats fine.  As space Ghost says, peoples expectations are skewed when it comes to what the bait can do.  Its just another tool.  I can tell you that they swim well, and dont NEED to be tuned, but its an option.  I dont however have an opinion on the Islide, because ive never fished it.  my point is, dont knock it till you try it.

I have 3 175s, 1 of which is modified by seller,  2 out of 3 now swim correctly.  That sucks in my book.  Not paying for this, its crap imo....Islides 185, 262, works or art with lots of design features, but fers want to float... That is an issue I can deal with and I think I will like that tendency during windy fronts when the trout are up on top.....BTW, very few fish over 5 ever seen on the east coast from the depps swimmers, from what I hear the situation in Caly sucks and everybody is finesse these days there anyway ( I cancelled my basswest subscription about a year ago), so these folks are turning to marketing of baits to the east coast etc...

Edited by bigpoppabass

I have 3 175s, 1 of which is modified by seller,  2 out of 3 now swim correctly.  That sucks in my book.  Not paying for this, its crap imo....Islides 185, 262, works or art with lots of design features, but fers want to float... That is an issue I can deal with and I think I will like that tendency during windy fronts when the trout are up on top.....BTW, very few fish over 5 ever seen on the east coast from the depps swimmers, from what I hear the situation in Caly sucks and everybody is finesse these days there anyway ( I cancelled my basswest subscription about a year ago), so these folks are turning to marketing of baits to the east coast etc...

Sounds like you are basing your opinion off of what other people are saying and not from personal experience. You keep mentioning the deps 175, which is not a 250, so whatever experience you have with the smaller version is bound to be different than the larger size. Its pretty common knowledge that a larger bait is going to glide a lot farther and smoother. I live in Cali, and people are not going all finesse lol.  Atleast not here in the bay area.    Again, fish the bait, and then come back and tell me that it sucks.  You dont hear me talking smack on the islide based on "Hearsay" because I havent fished it.  Nobody ever said the deps 250 was perfect.  I'm just arguing the fact that its not "way overrated" and that you cant compare your 175 to the 250.

No hard feelings, just bored at work and have some time on my hands.

If your talking about slide swimmers there are better glides out there when it comes to the 175 size. As for the 250, it's up there with the best imho. Not saying its #1, there's a time and place for each bait, but there's good reason why its constantly used as almost a baseline comparison to other baits in that size range. Just like what this thread is doing right now.

Trying to reduce demand is all. Lol....but again, there are famous sticks out here on east coast, and they practically do a pocorn eating emoji when you ask em about about the depps slide swimmers in general.

the 250 probably has more nice sized fish than any other 2 glides combined. East coast west coast whatever..these 'famous sticks' sound like they could learn something from the ton of amateur anglers i know that kill it w 250s.