megabass islide 185

bassaholic97

• 2 months later...

Just picked 2 up from a local shop I haven't used them yet but was curious if it makes a difference if you installed the tail fin upside down instead of right side up like the instructions says. Just curious since I want the best swimming action before I decide to super glue the fin in. The top lure has the correct fin fitted. Thanks for any info.

post-21804-0-23285100-1430799550_thumb.jpg

I had the same tail melting problem and recently had to order another tail for mine. I'll be wrapping it for storage for now on! Not as wide of a glide as a new SS 175, but this can be a good thing. A jerk of the rod with a little slack in the line will make it turn around very smoothly, at least with a 20lb floro leader. I added beefier split rings to it and thicker hooks to make it a very slow sink, but that is just personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks codyc I'll check them out. I haven't had any problems but I like to have some on hand.cool that you can make some other brands fit them. I've done well with them.

Edited by luckycraft