Daiwa Shrapnel

Nufo

I will start this off.  Used the reel for the first time today.  First impressions are that it is super smooth.  Really like how low it sits on the rod.  Cast really well.  Drag is smooth.  Hooked into a few linesides this but they all came unbuttoned so I didn't get to test the drag. Although the handle is only 90mm and has square knobs, it was pretty comfortable.  I am going to be upgrading to a 108mm Studio composites though as I like a little more leverage.

I am having a problem with the line lay.  I noticed when spooling the reel that it staked line the sides of the spool but then it all leveled out as it got full.  I kept having line come loos on the spool due to this during fishing.  Hoping to figure out how to get it to stop from doing this.

Edited by Nufo

I will start this off.  Used the reel for the first time today.  First impressions are that it is super smooth.  Really like how low it sits on the rod.  Cast really well.  Drag is smooth.  Hooked into a few linesides this but they all came unbuttoned so I didn't get to test the drag. Although the handle is only 90mm and has square knobs, it was pretty comfortable.  I am going to be upgrading to a 108mm Studio composites though as I like a little more leverage.

I am having a problem with the line lay.  I noticed when spooling the reel that it staked line the sides of the spool but then it all leveled out as it got full.  I kept having line come loos on the spool due to this during fishing.  Hoping to figure out how to get it to stop from doing this.

I agree on the reel super smooth, since I lock my drag I will not know how good the drag is unless I hook up on a big striper.

As far as line laying on the spool, when I first trying to spool it when I saw the angle on the side of the spool I knew that spooling it will be weird and will stack on each side. Which it did and just like you said it leveled out when it was full. I did have some issue at first when I first started using it and line was a little loose, I had to tightened the casting knob more that I usually do and that fix the problem. Next time I use it might even use the bigger weight just to see how it does and compare with the smaller weight.First impression using it good reel, I mean super smooth and feels great. If you have small hands probably not for you if you like to palm the reel on the side. Only worried about the line stacking on side and will it cause me a cast off on a expensive bait.

Got mines today. Initial thoughts are that it's very smooth and very solid. Comparing to my Pluton 200, I got used to the feel in a few seconds. However I did have the line issue being loose as well. I usually turn all the brakes off etc. Not sure what happened, but after about 10 minutes of casting, the line stopped loosening up. Looks awesome too!

Not sure if it's just me, but the Shrapnel feels like it has a tighter tolerance than the Pluton with a more direct feel. We'll see how it is after some time, but I'm confident. Pluton feels smoother, but the Shrapnel isn't broken in yet.

d643f2ff-4447-4fa3-a702-95e9b3fcf6a0.jpg

Couple more updates after getting a little more time behind this reel.  First off it's absolute buttah!  I respooled and packed the line down tighter and it mostly fixed the line lay issues (still had some)  I am going to play with the bigger breaks and see if that helps.  the spool is very very fast and casting distance is really good.  

Got to test the drag last night and its buttah too.  I love the subtle clicking noise it makes when line is pulling out :)

Now we shall see how it holds up over time.  I am hoping to get at least 5 years of solid use out of this reel.

I'm running one big break block and one small one and its a little more manageable. 1 big blocks would probably be good too. Casting distance was still good

So really the only way to adjust them, is switching between the two correct? I have no idea what my manual says. lol

get the translate app on your phone, it will translate it as best as it can, it will scan the words then translate it. I think it said use oil at the tip to prevent it from wearing faster.

get the translate app on your phone, it will translate it as best as it can, it will scan the words then translate it. I think it said use oil at the tip to prevent it from wearing faster.

It will do it via photo, or would I need a pdf format of the manual or something?

It will do it via photo, or would I need a pdf format of the manual or something?

I got Google translate on Google play for my phone. On that app has all languages and a camera and it will scan the written writings and translate it to whatever language. It's not perfect because I think it gets too much info that don't make sense but it will have the info on there if you read it and it will be good enough to understand it.

I got Google translate on Google play for my phone. On that app has all languages and a camera and it will scan the written writings and translate it to whatever language. It's not perfect because I think it gets too much info that don't make sense but it will have the info on there if you read it and it will be good enough to understand it.

Sweet thanks, crazy how much phones can do these days!