Mattlures trout glide

mjaygrunt

Since you asked for suggestions on how to retrieve the bait. The floater glide bait is designed to walk the dog/glide on the surface. You can not cast it out and just reel it in or it will not work properly. Watch the video on my facebook page. The first few casts are of the floater. You cast it out then do a reel cadence retrieve to make it walk the dog with just the reel. You don't need to twitch the rod at all. Point the rod down or at the bait and do a qwick turn of the reel and the bait will dart left, turn it again and it will dart right. There needs to be a slight pause between reel turns. Its super easy to do and you should figure it out after a couple casts. Think of it like a Spook or other walk the dog bait but much easier to walk because you can do it with out having to work the rod. You can walk the bait fast or slow by varying the pauses. Now you can make the bait dive with a hard twitch of the rod or a couple fast cranks of the reel. Once the bait is under water, you can use the same reel cadence retrieve to make the bait glide/walk under water. When the bait darts left then turn the reel and it will dart right and repeat. This is not a just cast and reel bait. You have to work it a little with the reel. It is super easy to do and you should get the hang of it real quick. I recommend a heavy snap and 20-30 fluoro.

Throw this bait and you will catch fish! I ffound a nice cadence I like I will add little pops of the rod tip in between slow gliding to make the head go under the surface leaving the tail to do an almost wake like motion do this Pop about 4 or 5 times in a row then go back to slow gliding couple reels then give more pops found this to work great for the striped and lmb have only caught 3 decent lmb but many striped bass tons of followers too! Can't wait for the slow sink!

For those of you who own one. Do you recommend using a fast clip? Or a split ring? Or direct? The line tie is so deep in the mouth it's hard to cut to retie. I'm afraid that using a clip will lead to the mouth chipping and then I'll be out with the option for a direct tie. Any issues with line rubbing on a direct tie? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks. The bait is sick by the way. Looks so good person

When I am testing I use a clip and have not chipped them at all. I have fished them but mostly rotating through baits testing the swim. I have only fished a few of them for more then an hour at a time and none of those chipped either. I imagine with more time though its bound to wear the paint inside the mouth. I preffer to use the clips but again mostly because I am rotating through baits and I don't want to retie that often. I am sure you could rig a clear sleeve over the clip if you were worried about it. Maybe a 1/4 in of aquarium tubing to slide over the clip.