American Made !

Nufo

Thanks Micky for taking the time out to do this, and thanks to Rina too for being so helpfull the pass few years, she wonderfull to deal with :mrgreen:

My question is, their one of your sort after baits, for me anyways, why no drops on the 7" Hyper Herrings and do you have any plans on making any?

Thanks

Ed

Grizz, it's because I don't have time right now. hyper herring is a really good bait and yes I will be making more.

Sweet :D

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I visit if I ever make it back out to CA? I would love to see the 3:16 factory and some prototypes.

No, It's not open to the public. I did a nice interview with Matt Petters for his next video where he was allowed to video tape my shop as he interviewed me. That's about as close as you'll get though. Lots of secret stuff .It's like a big candy store.

I was envisioning Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. :lol:

Thanks to you and Rina, Mickey for the years of success and investment to so many swimbaiters success on the water......

does it not just piss you off to see some of these guys buy your bait just to turn around and double the price? I know it is not in your control and we should not do this i know we all want your baits and i have also paid top dollar cause I WANTED IT... just wondering if it makes you like "mad"... or if you are in a way happy to see your bait is VALUED?

Mr. Ellis,

I believe on an older thread there was a single jointed, lipped shad/herring type bait that looked around 4 inches in length that was originally made by you??

Down the road are considering producing a smaller type bait such as this?

I recently purchased a Heavy floater BAA, love that bait! Any chance of more heavy floater models? Wake Jr's or some of the new stuff in the works? I think the ability to slowly work a bait sub-surface is an awesome option to have, love to see more of those. I bet they are tough to make though.

Exactly which baits are currently out that are Heavy floaters?

Mario.

Can we expect a new bait with a bill before spring?

Hope so. Those custom B.A.A. I made should help the hard core. Lot of options with those.There is a trend right now for MORE baits. But I don't think it's all about the baits right now. The fish are in a funk .

Ya im not into buy whatevers released so just looking ahead a little. 9" wakebait caught my attention

Hey Mickey,

I appreciate the time to answer the opportunity to ask you questions.

I guess I will start with:

1. What is your personal best fish? And on what bait?

2. What is the name of that new 10" sport-mode freestyle? Any video yet?

3. What is the next bait you're planning on releasing?

And lastly, what church are you a member at? Love knowing you're a "Brother"!

Thanks again,

Maxwell

I recently purchased a Heavy floater BAA, love that bait! Any chance of more heavy floater models? Wake Jr's or some of the new stuff in the works? I think the ability to slowly work a bait sub-surface is an awesome option to have, love to see more of those. I bet they are tough to make though.

Exactly which baits are currently out that are Heavy floaters?

Mario.

Hell yeah Mario. Your gonna love that thing! That bait is a killer. Glad you found one. Yes the 6" and 8" BAA's will come in heavy floaters too!Yes they are hard to make but worth it!

Heavy floaters are BAA, and 10" freestyles. I did a special run on U.S. and those are the only ones other than the ones I have. The 10" freestyles where random and I don't fully remember the details.

Glad I found one too, very under rated bait. I don't think theres another bait on the market that can do what that one does. Except maybe the freestyle which I don't own.

Looking forward to the 8" BAA, hopefully I'm lucky enough to get a floater and a Heavy Floater. Bass Color would be wicked to for us East Coasters(hint,hint. wink wink), Hope you keep making the originals as well. Not quite sure what the run on U.S. is but looking forward to the future. Time to spend a lot of time on the site hitting refresh! :lol::lol:

Mario.

Hope so. Those custom B.A.A. I made should help the hard core. Lot of options with those.There is a trend right now for MORE baits. But I don't think it's all about the baits right now. The fish are in a funk .

Ya im not into buy whatevers released so just looking ahead a little. 9" wakebait caught my attention

Thats cuz you haven't seen the 8" BAA. I hear you though.

Trust me been thinking about one of those for a little while

Is there any way to get back on a wait-list type program so you can better filter who gets baits and who doesnt(flippers)?

Would love another run of Hyper Herrings. I got my hands on a sinker from your last release in early '10 I believe and the thing is wicked. Im just too scared to lose it to fish it as hard as it deserves.

I bought a Wake Jr. from BTD back in '08 and have fished the hell out of the thing. It was my first real swimbait and continues to be my best producer. Any plans for a bigger bait with action like the 7.5" wake? Dont get me wrong, i love the BAA, but I love tail slapping the wake jr. and would love to be able to do that with a big girl bait.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick