American Made !

Nufo

Hey Mickey,

I appreciate the time to answer the opportunity to ask you questions.

I guess I will start with:

1. What is your personal best fish? And on what bait?

2. What is the name of that new 10" sport-mode freestyle? Any video yet?

3. What is the next bait you're planning on releasing?

And lastly, what church are you a member at? Love knowing you're a "Brother"!

Thanks again,

Maxwell

1. 17.01 7 inch hitch mission fish.

2. :lol:

3.Wake jr. then 6" freestyle trout ect.

4. Calvary Chapel coasta mesa. Pastor Chuck Smith! Try Kwve.com for the daily bread.

Oh DANG!

That bait looks sick! Put me on the list! :lol:

Can't express my gratitude.

Take care,

Maxwell

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever experimented with wood swimbaits, or have they always been resin? How many physical changes does a typical bait go through (ex. Wake Jr.) before its in final production ready stage? Any pics of early prototypes or special one-off baits?

Thanks for doing this Mickey, by far the best thread on SBU to date!

Thanks for this. it is great. love your baits almost traded some but could not do it. Only got four. Felt like a jerk when I had to say I had changed my mind. So its great to hear some changes are in the makings on how baits are sold. I am a union worker and don't mind paying for top notch for great baits and great service. Keep it up. Love it

Thanks Quintin.

Great thread Mickey, thanks for sharing.

Have you spent much time developing a suspending swimbait? And could we see one in the future?

Have you ever seen a white perch? And is that a possible color pattern us NE guys could see? They pretty abundant here and would likely work appeal to bass everywhere.

How often do you get a chance to just go out and fish? Or are you almost always testing baits each trip?

Thanks again Mickey, you're the man

If I could ask you guys something? How come you guys don't insist that the bait makers throw up some good video on all these new and great baits? You could save your self alot of time. I've been doing it for years . I do it so you know what your buying. No guessing game.

i always check youtube or the companies site before I buy a bait to see how it looks in the water. I didnt used to do this when I bought crankbaits because I would only buy one or two brands so i knew what to expect from them after a few baits. But now that all I throw are swimbaits, I usually always check what they should look like and read all the reviews I can find, both have saved me alot of money. I find it very assuring when companies have videos so you can see they work but you have to be careful even with videos. I bought a certain topwater bait that was supposed to change direction mid retrieve when the rod was snapped but it never worked like the video said and showed it would. I guess it comes down to trust and knowing the video is legit. Like your video for example, of the baby wake made me go out and buy one, then two, now six haha :lol: . After seeing the sport model video and knowing all the work you put into production makes it very easy to know its gonna be a great bait...cant wait. BTW thanks for this thread, and thanks for all the baits, it never goes un-noticed.

Thanks for your time. I am new to swimbait fishing, wanted to change things up to get bigger fish. Came across your Baits and had to have one. Now I can not stop buying them. I finaly hooked a fish this morning but it had teeth and I lost a SS shad. I have a lot to learn about fishing the bigger Baits, but I will bet my PB next year on one of your Baits. Do you think a leader will effect the action of the wake or FS Baits?

Brian

Mickey, I think there's a couple reasons. None of them good.

1. The bar has been set low. A lot of companies you are lucky to get a response from let alone a video.

2. I know from regular bass fishing I just buy baits that look like they can fill a need and hope they work FOR ME. Everyone fishes a little different, what works for one may not work for another, thus "reviews" can be worthless and unfortunately in some cases misleading.