Deps Bullshooter

Dylan Colman

• 6 months later...

Its a pretty different bait than the gantarel.  The gantarel has multiple line ties depending on what you want to do with the bait.  The Bull shooter, and bull shooter 160 are both larger than the gantarel by a good margin.  Feathered hooks are just a preference.  Fish it and see if you like it.  Im a big fan of the bull shooter 160.  I took the lip weight out of both of the ones I own, and love the way they suspend in colder water.  Right now in the low 50's its a super slow sink, but in the summer it will be a heaver floater, meaning you can crank the bull shooter down slighty.

Over all a great bait.  Seems like a lot of people prefer the 160 size over the original.  The gantarel is great too, just smaller, more affordable, has worse stock hooks, and a jointed tail, which changes the swim a little.  Id say they are all worth owning.

The bull dozer is just a floating wakebait version of the bullshooter.

Hope that helps

Its a pretty different bait than the gantarel.  The gantarel has multiple line ties depending on what you want to do with the bait.  The Bull shooter, and bull shooter 160 are both larger than the gantarel by a good margin.  Feathered hooks are just a preference.  Fish it and see if you like it.  Im a big fan of the bull shooter 160.  I took the lip weight out of both of the ones I own, and love the way they suspend in colder water.  Right now in the low 50's its a super slow sink, but in the summer it will be a heaver floater, meaning you can crank the bull shooter down slighty.

Over all a great bait.  Seems like a lot of people prefer the 160 size over the original.  The gantarel is great too, just smaller, more affordable, has worse stock hooks, and a jointed tail, which changes the swim a little.  Id say they are all worth owning.

Hope that helps

Great Break Down bud. Thats exactly what I was looking for.

Temperature and density share an inverse relationship. As temperature increases, the space between water molecules increases—also known as density, which therefore decreases. If the temperature of water decreases its density increases, but only to a point. At a temperature of 4°Cx.png pure water reaches its maximum or peak density, cooled further it expands and becomes less dense than the surrounding water which is why when water freezes at 0°Cx.png it floats.  

Hope that helps

The density of water decreases as the water temperature increases:

Temperature C Density (g/ml)

10 0.99973

20 0.99823

30 0.99567

40 0.99224

50 0.98807

A cursory search resulted in an equation relating weight of a solid in a fluid (water) to fluid density:

Weight of a solid in a fluid = weight of the solid in vacuum - (volume of the solid X density of the fluid)

As water temperature decreases, its density increases. Consequently, the weight of any solid in water would decrease as water temperature decreases. Consequently, sink rate would decrease in colder water.
Edited by Ceaser

I see this misconception in alot of posts. In the winter your baits sink SLOWER due to increased water density. As water temp increases and density decreases you will see an increase in the sink rate, it will fall faster.

Temperature and density share an inverse relationship. As temperature increases, the space between water molecules increases—also known as density, which therefore decreases. If the temperature of water decreases its density increases, but only to a point. At a temperature of 4°Cx.png pure water reaches its maximum or peak density, cooled further it expands and becomes less dense than the surrounding water which is why when water freezes at 0°Cx.png it floats.

The density of water decreases as the water temperature increases:

Temperature C Density (g/ml)

10 0.99973

20 0.99823

30 0.99567

40 0.99224

50 0.98807

A cursory search resulted in an equation relating weight of a solid in a fluid (water) to fluid density:

Weight of a solid in a fluid = weight of the solid in vacuum - (volume of the solid X density of the fluid)

As water temperature decreases, its density increases. Consequently, the weight of any solid in water would decrease as water temperature decreases. Consequently, sink rate would decrease in colder water.

That's F'n awesome...you got served

Busting put some science! Im going off personal experience, I just know that when I was fishing the shooter without the weight in, in the summer it was slow floating and as the water got colder, the bait became a super slow sink. It could be cracked, but I've never seen it visibly have water inside of it. And I also own two bull shooters, and have identical experiences. I assumed this info, because the megabass I slide has the same properties. In the I slides description, it states that the bait is a floater at higher/warmer temperatures, but becomes a suspender/slow sink in colder water temps.

Edited by Lakeshark

Busting put some science! Im going off personal experience, I just know that when I was fishing the shooter without the weight in, in the summer it was slow floating and as the water got colder, the bait became a super slow sink. It could be cracked, but I've never seen it visibly have water inside of it. And I also own two bull shooters, and have identical experiences. I assumed this info, because the megabass I slide has the same properties. In the I slides description, it states that the bait is a floater at higher/warmer temperatures, but becomes a suspender/slow sink in colder water temps.

Interesting, the observations appear to support the opposite of the theory.