mackbait11.jpg

mackbait11-2.jpg

7-8callie.JPG

clemente11-2.jpg

clemente11-4.jpg

clemente11-6.jpg

Well one on the soft bait

clemente11-3.jpg

My favorite - this is what 18lbs of swimbait sandbass look like....

bigsandies3.jpg

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas......

:lol::lol::lol:

Mickey - that was a fun day.

This is what she looked like before she arrived at Clemente:

:lol::lol::lol:

Ed, I was gonna throw a hyper herring that day that I was with Scott and Matt and we buddy boated with you guys, but it just wasn't in the cards for us.

Very, very cool guys! Great looking fish. They look like an absolute ball to catch as large as they seem to be in the photos. Thanks for sharing.

Calicos look like a great fish to torture test the 316 plastics if they have a mouth full of sharpies like most other Saltwater fish it seems. How long do the Rising Sons and any other 316 plastics used to catch those babies last with the Calicos before you have to change them out? Was toying with the idea of using a larger Rising Son for some of the Pike we have in the area but if they get torn up too quickly, then I'll save a beater plastic swimbait or two for them.

Tim

Here are my thoughts on calicos and the follow up questions asked.

As far as baits I tend to throw and get best results. It will always depend on what the fish want each day and each day is different. I usually start bir and with the folowing and then adjust from there

Soft Swimbaits:

At Clemente the #1 bait for me is Pearl #6 in PBOT (Purple Back Orange Tail) rigged weedless with a #10 Owner Beast hook

DSC_00991.JPG

pbot2.jpg

If the fish don't like a larger full bodied swimbait then I will throw the larger Mission Fish in a red flake color.

If fishing the Wall, I like the 5" Pearls or Mighty Minnows or Minnows on a heavy 1.5+ oz Revenge Jig head (the 3:16 minnow jig hedz combo works well for big green bass too)

revpearl1.jpg

revenge316-3.jpg

bac11.jpg

A Hudd will always be an option....

hud-1.jpg

Hardbaits

Either the 3:16 6" Real Deal or Mackeral baits - as seen in the photos - in a brown/amber color or the Kelp Kritter in Amber

criteer6.jpg

Each of the hardbaits presents a different profile and many days the fish want a larger, wider bait - 3:16's or a skinnier bait - Kelp Kritter

Also the Lucky Craft Pointer 100 in Citrus Shad is a killer bait

Do calicos have teeth...

SCIThumb.JPG

:lol::lol: ...they do and the Rising Sun holds up well with them (better than my thumbs most days).

One non-swimbait "jig" that should never be discounted when fishing for calicos is the surface iron - I like the Tady 45 in Amber color (anyone notice a pattern in MY favorite color).

...and MICKEY - this is what a 10+ looks like

ed10-4.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

....hope this helps. Of course you can catch just about anything on a swimbait, right???

bonefishbait.jpg

and funny these guys taste like chicken....

mahi1.jpg

:o:o:o

and funny these guys taste like chicken....

mahi1.jpg

:o:o:o

lol, whats the story on this guy?

We actually found it floating dead over at Cat and when we drove by it we both said - photo op!!!

We told both our wives we caught it on live bait and they were furious at us for "killing" a baby dolphin. Best part was we let them sit on it for about a day before we told them whta really happened! Way too funny!!!