Duckett Terex 7' 4" H

SacrificeFishing

Hello fellow Undergrounders!

I know this isn't a swimbait related post (I apologize in advance), however, I decided to write a review about what's coming to be my favorite rod possibly ever. I have always relied on the duckett ghost series for some good backbone and sensitivity for an affordable price, although the addition of the " Terex" series to the Duckett Family has really worked well.

I picked up a Duckett Terex 7' 4" heavy frogging rod and let me tell you it has to be one of the best frog rods on the market. Coming in at $150, it outshines most frogging rods in the 250$ price range. This rod perfectly handles top water frogs and mice from 1/2 oz all the way up to 2 1/2 oz with ease. As for tip it is excellent but still has enough firmness to set hooks across the lake. As for backbone this thing is a true broom stick as it has pulled 5-8 lb fish out of lillypads and heavy "slop" from over a hundred feet out. This rod could also potentially be strong enough for smaller swimbaits like a 68 Hudd or small slider. I pair this rod with 65 lb Power Pro Spectra and a Lews Tournament MG 7:1:1 and have nailed hogs morning and night with this deadly combination. The standard cork handles provide amazing grip and comfort for long hours on the water without your hands feeling sore or getting annoying blisters from shitty grips haha. The rod is not super light but its definitely not heavy. Its honestly the perfect in-between weight for frogging all day. If you guys have any more questions about this rod let me know its def worth every penny!

Tight Lines - Jeff Hoessle

Sounds like a sweet utility rod, Jeff. I have a Powell that is similar in taper that I use for everything from frogs to 1oz blades and small swimbaits like rats, G2 crackers, negotiators and 160's, 175's etc. Also doubles as an excellet tool for throwing jerk shads and boot tails for spotted bay bass/calicos here in CA. Paired mine with a Revo Inshore spooled 30lb spectra. Thanks for sharing your excitement!