KVD Mustad 5" Braid Cutters/Split Ring Pliers

thastickybandit

I bought a pair of these close to 6 month ago and feel I can give an fair review about this item. I will say I am on my second pair, but that is because my first pair went into the drink. Prior to own these my scissor of choice was the boomerang clip and my split ring plier of choice was the texas tackle which I still feel are great products. I do prefer this set over them though. They scissors/pliers are still small enough to slip in your pocket and not be too bulky.

Price: There are a few stores where you can pick these up. Of course with that there are different prices. I personally picked up a pair at Walmart for about 8 bucks. Tackle Warehouse sells them for 9 which is still a good price especially if your looking for item to put you over that $50 mark to get free shipping. And I think they might price match as well. Bass Pro is another retailer a long with Amazon.

Performance: I can't say I've cut a lot of braid with them. However the times I've cut braid with them there was no problem. I didn't have to put tension on the braid to get a clean cut. They have handled cutting through mono and flouro with no problems.

These are great split ring pliers as well. I've put as small as size 3 owner hyper wires with on my bullshads all they way to size 8s on my slammers. I will say with the 8's on the slammer and because of the bulkier eye screw in them it did take a little more effort to get them on. Non the less it did it's job.

Other feature include rubber "ergnomical" handles. I like these a lot compared to the Texas tackle ones I've owned. On the Texas tackle ones the grip alway seem to move around and sometimes slip off the pliers. The pliers also have lock on the handles to keep them closed.

I would honestly recommend these. They do both features of cutting and open up splits very well. So a great 2 for 1 at a great price.

post-21158-0-53713700-1445298602_thumb.jpg

post-21158-0-90762700-1445298645_thumb.jpg

post-21158-0-42918600-1445298725_thumb.jpg

i have the eagle claw lazer version of these and for $7, they can't be beat.

I have the same...honestly though you need more than one tool... Something that doesn't dull...I have a pair of fiskars titanium garden shears...cuts all # line always...hasn't dulled in two years