Megabas I slide

Hbnel5on

Following as well. Looking for tips.for the I slide 262t

Get any 250 comparison out of your head is my suggestion. I have decided it is like a giant floating rapala that should be rolled twitched and rested. Mine wants to float. It has more of a random wounded action but it can glide too, the smaller version glides better tho imo.

I'm brand new to SU, sure wish I was aware of it years ago.  bigpoppabas is right, the 262 is no Deps 250. Got my 262 this spring, thought I got a bad one and just set it down.  Evidently it's not a slow crank glide bait at least mine isn't. I will break it out again and see what I can do with it.

• 2 months later...

Thank God people are talking about this bait, I love all of the sizes but I was curious on how others fished them

Anybody who likes jerkbaits will luv this bait imo once they tweak it.  I have the normal rainbow trout which has tons of flash to see what the bait is doing generally.  The 360 turn is for real too and easy to do...I am relieved that it didnt take much effort to get it to suspend in 49 degree water.  I upgraded the hooks with a heavier owner st treble up front and I think a gammy on the back, and it worked first try....Buddy I was fishing with said he had the smaller one 135? and didn't like the fact that magnet detaching off center affected its action.  That little slipping doesn't seem to affect the action on the 185....Still haven't figured out the 262 yet but it is on deck.....     

Anybody who likes jerkbaits will luv this bait imo once they tweak it.  I have the normal rainbow trout which has tons of flash to see what the bait is doing generally.  The 360 turn is for real too and easy to do...I am relieved that it didnt take much effort to get it to suspend in 49 degree water.  I upgraded the hooks with a heavier owner st treble up front and I think a gammy on the back, and it worked first try....Buddy I was fishing with said he had the smaller one 135? and didn't like the fact that magnet detaching off center affected its action.  That little slipping doesn't seem to affect the action on the 185....Still haven't figured out the 262 yet but it is on deck.....

Yeah I like the action of the 185 when you twitch it, I'm still grinding with the 262t its a beast but I had to find a retrive that I like for it, I switched to some smaller and thinner hooks so now it mostly floats and I work it with twitches just underneath the surface like a shallow jb

Yeah I like the action of the 185 when you twitch it, I'm still grinding with the 262t its a beast but I had to find a retrive that I like for it, I switched to some smaller and thinner hooks so now it mostly floats and I work it with twitches just underneath the surface like a shallow jb

Good idea. I have two 262s one still floats even after a boatload of golfers lead tape. But most of its body is under water so I am good with that...The other sinks and was bought from an Su member who clearly made an effort to learn it. It has hook rash and a tail trim attempt too. I looked at baits side to side to see why sinker did not swim as well and noticed it had a split ring on it. I took ring off and it now swims fine...

• 3 months later...

Been debating on getting one of these baits! I do feel like the size of the bait, whether it's the 135, 185 or 262 would have different swimming actions depending on the rod that's used. Have any of you noticed a difference if you used the same bait with different rods? Is it easier to "walk" the bait with a faster tip or with a shorter rod?