HUddleston 68 Special

lookingfortheone

The hudd 68 is flat out my favorite bait.

It has the same tail kick as the 8 in except on the 6in. I find it to catch more fish on a slow role then pause about half way in for a few seconds then start reeling again. I usually get bit right after the pause. Is versitle but has an awesome kick to it. The kick is so big the heads shakes side to side but its AMAZING!!!.

cons:i havent found any except its caought all my swimbait fish :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first review srry if its bad.......its seems to be pretty durable. Its been through 3 fish so far and the only place that i put mendit was where i rig it. i rig it like Butch brown except the hook is a little bit further back. again i fish it with 20lb big game, on a Shimano Citica 200D and a mattlures swimbait rod.the action of the rod allows for great hook ups.

in conclusion the hudd 68 is a great bait and it holds up good

hope thats a little better

I like the 68 much better than the 6. A lot of thump and I can even feel the bait kicking with a rod that is rated to heavy for the bait and braid. The whole bait rocks and wiggles on a slow retrieve. Not a soft bait guy but I've done best going past my target in the canoe drifting with the wind past it with a lot of line out and just let the movement of the canoe move the bait. I find hudds in general a less durable bait with the thin softer plastic against the harness. That's on toothy fish though so that wouldn't be a problem for most guys. Smallmouth and largemouth haven't been a problem for me.

Thanks for the taking the time to post a review. I see on the Huddleston website that the 68s are "sold out." Does Ken periodically make more or have these been discontinued?

Thanks.

Thanks for the taking the time to post a review. I see on the Huddleston website that the 68s are "sold out." Does Ken periodically make more or have these been discontinued?

Thanks.

There have been a few releases. The last one was in late November I think.

P.S. Guys are going crazy over them on Ebay. One sold for $75 + shipping yesterday :)

Yeah, that's just silly. $75?

I got one from one of the guys on here for $20. If you hang around and make some friends, you are able to find some deals in the Underground.

I havent had a chance to fish it yet but from everything I hear it should be a great bait this coming year.

I've got a few I'll sell ya at $75 a piece :lol:

If they're yellow perch, then someone on Ebay whould be happy to pay $75(+$6 shipping), most are going in the $50(+shipping) range(which is still ridiculous considering they're not out of production, just sold out). At that price, it's would be worth cutting up 8" baits, add mend-it, 6" bait, and you're still under $80!

Thanks.

-

Sign up on their mailing list and you'll get e-mail reminders of upcoming releases. Dates and times. ;)