Review Request: Reel KustomReels

C_R_TX

• 2 months later...

Looks like no one else has had any work done by Matt Deschenes at Reel KustomReels, so here is my experience:

I shipped the 2015 Shimano Conquest (400 size) to Reel KustomReels (RKR) on 1/4/16 after many emails talking about what I was looking for. I was told the turn around time was around 3 weeks in October, but waited to send in the reel until January 4th.

I decided to go with RKR due to his experience of working on reel used in distance casting competition, and his reel ability to anodize my reel. The only other reel anodizer I could find was located in Japan, and the cost was nearly 3x the cost. The work RKR's FaceBook page looked impressive. And the main motivation for the anodizing was for the cool factor.

We decided that we would have the reel:

-Anodized in matte black
-Custom Carbon Handle (made in shop)
-German made GRW spool bearings (Abec7)
-Internals cleaned, polished, and oiled with Rocket Reel Co. oil

Matt had some things come up, and was not able to start as soon as he expected. I let Matt know that it was no big deal, family takes priority. He was able to start the project around mid February.

Before sending in the reel, Matt let me know this was his first 2015 Conquest he was going to work on, and the reel would be very complex. Loaded with small parts.

After the work began on the reel, it went smoothly. Good communication with constant updates.

The reel was completed on April 1st. Reel was shipped USPS priority, and arrived within 3 days. Before I even sent in the 2015 Conquest- it in was the nicest reel I had used. Incredibly smooth, perfect for mid sized baits (up to about 8 ounce). With all the upgrades Matt did to the reel, it is truly top notch...

Attention to detail was very impressive. Photos are below along with the work order form. Something Matt does that I found neat- he will check and clean the reel annually at no charge. I only have to cover shipping costs.

Matt has mentioned that he does NOT want to anodize any more 2015 Conquests, as it is very time consuming.

post-20912-0-77311600-1463178751_thumb.jpg

post-20912-0-45749400-1463178779_thumb.jpg

post-20912-0-80414200-1463178816_thumb.jpg

post-20912-0-80169000-1463178829_thumb.jpg

post-20912-0-94986700-1463178850_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...