Bed Fished Swimbait Bass

G_Heikes

Not from this year but i've never posted in the Got'em section before and thought this would be a good catch to post. Not my biggest swimbait bass but a good one for Nebraska, caught on a Mattlures Ultimate gill in crystal clear water.
post-23583-0-26772600-1458139555_thumb.jpg

good fish man. but shitty way to catch her :/ don't bother the big girls when they are doing there thing. Never seen the glory behind someone catching a big bedding bass after 2 hours of throwing ish at their bed.. Doesn't seem right to me

I hate people ripping them off of their beds. There's no skill involved and they are protecting their beds for a reason!

90% of the time they go right back, this one did as well. And no skill? haha, thats debatable.

good fish man. but shitty way to catch her :/ don't bother the big girls when they are doing there thing. Never seen the glory behind someone catching a big bedding bass after 2 hours of throwing ish at their bed.. Doesn't seem right to me

I couldn't agree more!

90% of the time they go right back, this one did as well. And no skill? haha, thats debatable.

Yeah man anyone can catch a fish on her bed. Just leave them alone as most people suggest as they are protecting their eggs for future generations. And you risk it for what? To take a picture to show people that you don't even know? The folks that catch pigs while "Fishing" and takes time and effort are ones that should be shown off. If you just want an easy fat girl on a bed here you go man!

post-26281-0-13072800-1458152069_thumb.jpeg

What's funny is most of the fish you're catching this time of the year are the big females protecting their beds or readying themselves for the spawn whether or not they are actually on the bed...We are all guilty to some point so to say leave the big females alone, come on really...Practice catch and release and handle the fish correctly...

Edited by YELOSUB

What's funny is most of the fish you're catching this time of the year are the big females protecting their beds or readying themselves for the spawn whether or not they are actually on the bed...We are all guilty to some point so to say leave the big females alone, come on really...Practice catch and release and handle the fish correctly...

I'd say true to an extent, but fishing blindly and catching a bed fish, in my mind is much different than willingly pulling a visible fish off a bed. Everyone has done it, or still does, part of bass fishing. Also think at this given time of year, there's fish in every stage, pre/spawn/post in most lakes. 

If you post openly about bed fish on here, you're going to catch some comments for sure! 

In either case, good looking fish dude. 

Yea I mean everyone is guilty of seeing a bed and making a flip at it with the bait on ur rod. But when someone sits on one bed for two hours just to get one fish to bite. That doesn't seem right. There is a difference from making one flip to a whole trip out of it.

I hear you on the whole bed fishing thing but sometimes people take it to the extreme and get all worked up about it...I for one have been guilty of bed fishing, although I don't do it as much as I used to...And for those that say it's easy to get the female to go I beg to differ...When I bed fish now it's usually to do it with my kids or to take someone that is new to fishing...Really doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on, handle every fish with care and get them back in the water right where you caught them...What pisses me off are the ones that target bed fish and either: 1-Keep and eat them or 2-Put them in their livewell and then release them in some other part of the lake...

I didnt post this to get trashed on for bed fishing, I posted it simply as a nice fish caught on a swimbait, which is all that is required in this section. Any bass caught on a swimbait, simple as that. I understand you guys' stance on being against bed fishing, thats completely fine that you choose to do that, just like its fine for me and 90% of the other forum members who occasionally bed fish to do so. Theres no need to rag on anyone who caught a fish simply by the fish deciding it was going to eat the bait, when it comes down to it, whether bed fishing or not, the only reason you caught the fish is because she decided to bite. 

Like YELOSUB said "handle every fish with care and get them back in the water right where you caught them" I practice this with every fish I catch, regardless of size. I've been consistently catching, and releasing big bass for a long time now, and have caught many of them at a later date just as healthy as ever.

I now understand why so many of the Original SU members have ditched the forum. Cant post anything anymore with out harsh criticism from someone.

I'll keep posting whatever swimbait caught fish that I prefer, no matter how she was fished.