LDC Production H

missinfish

You know your not gonna buy one so why play this little game? Be a man and say what you want to or shut up.

I own a crucial H and havnt seen the reason to use something else no, but it would still be informative/ reassuring for other people that have the same question what the hookups were like? Dont make this something its not Mickey, I asked a simple question...

I owned a H Crucial for my first rod, then I got my XH LDC. Never going back, the Crucial can't fineness the smaller baits that well. Even though the XH LDC can handle a easily handle a BAA, the rod is still able to throw a Freestyle Bluegill. A very versatile rod and handles baits and fish like a dream.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know your not gonna buy one so why play this little game? Be a man and say what you want to or shut up.

I own a crucial H and havnt seen the reason to use something else no, but it would still be informative/ reassuring for other people that have the same question what the hookups were like? Dont make this something its not Mickey, I asked a simple question...

I really wouldn't compare this rod to a Crucial Heavy, you can't even cast a Born Again with that, no disrespect. But those are nice rods for the baits they handle. But comparing a Crucial to this LDC is like comparing a Chevy to a Ferrari, they both will get you where you want to be, but in different ways. I'd love to post a pic of a fish I've caught with this rod but it just hasn't happened yet. Water temps are hovering just under freezing here, I got a serious swirl on a BA the other day but that doesn't help you much I guess. I supose if I post a pic someone will want cast to catch footage too. Can't make everyone happy but................ stay tuned and I will try to oblige. ;)

Have you used a gloomis 956? How would you compare the 2. Using 1 rod makes sense for me and I fish that range of baits the most.

One thing I did when testing this rod was not compare it to other rods. I wanted it to do certain things, it does and more. I find it to be very unique and it handles all the baits I described in the review very well. If those are the baits you throw you'll be pleasantly surprised IMO.

[attachment=1]LDC Prod H.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]LDC Production H.jpg[/attachment]

Wow! Great Review there! was just in the progress of communicating with Ben about his line up of LDC rods.... guess this review serves spot on as a catalyst to choose ! :mrgreen:

By the way, is this an 8 feet rod base model? not sure if it is the angle of the picture, the handle does seem a little shorter than most other LDC rods I saw from their website. What length is the rod's handle if measured from the rod butt to the rear end of the reel seat? But judging from the review, I bet it is perfectly balanced and cast like a dream with that set up! :)

Hope you stick a pig on your new weapon soon!

Cheers

Henry

$350 is the base price.

Ummmm, sorry but that's incorrect.Check the LDC site for the introduction.

http://www.lowdowncustomrods.com/LDCR/P ... n_Rod.html

Sorry, I was talking about the customs. When I got mine (a couple months ago) the productions weren't out. The base price for custom is $350.

Quick clarification on a few points.

LDC rods has 2 lines: Custom / Standard Issue (Production)

Different blanks, action, specs, etc...

Custom - 4 models built to each individuals specs in performance and aesthetics. Meaning rear grip length, reel used on that rod, componenet upgrades, thread color and more. Rods are pre ordered with a deposit.

Standard Issue (Production) - 3 models pre built. No spec changes or performance upgrades. No pre ordering, these are available for purchase direct on the LDC site.

If any one has questions, please feel free to send a pm or an email:

Ben@LowDownCustomRods.com

Thanks