LDC Production H

missinfish

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today, got to try it for about a half hour. So far I love it, i can cast by baits farther with less effort.

I was astonished with my MH(first custom lighter SB rod) I was throwing my shads and such on the older crucial H, I can get at least 1.5X the distance with the MH production, same reel and line. It's a breeze chucking an FS gill all day.

Got mine today, got to try it for about a half hour. So far I love it, i can cast by baits farther with less effort.

I was astonished with my MH(first custom lighter SB rod) I was throwing my shads and such on the older crucial H, I can get at least 1.5X the distance with the MH production, same reel and line. It's a breeze chucking an FS gill all day.

I got a heavy cause my zillion just wasn't cutting it with the bigger baits. I really didn't think it would make that much of a diefference, but it does, I can really get my wake jr out there and it does not spin. Now i just need to save some money for a hot rod version. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Just got my Production H from Ben last week and took it out on a 3-day trip. I can't say enough about this rod. Thank you Ben! I threw this thing sun up to sun down and half way through the night for 3 days straight and felt no pain. Absolutely launched an 8" Hudd and a 6" freestyle, and the hooksets were just ridiculous. I seriously can't see any reason to buy any other brand of swimbait rod.

Ben -- My ONLY critique is this ... no LDC branding? I want that bad ass Low Down Custom script written on it. 8-)

-Dax

• 3 months later...

I can't say much about this rod since I got it a couple days ago, went to the pond to check it out, and haven't fished since, but I feel like I can say this.

I got an extended 8'6" Production Heavy with a 16" handle, and I can personally guarantee every swimbaiter out there this: If there is a do-it-all rod, this is it. I know numerous people have said this, but it's true. You can throw a 300 or 400TE or Calcutta D on there and throw a Hudd like there's no tomorrow, then switch to a low-pro 300 reel and throw a FS Shad into the next county. I almost spooled my Revo on the first cast, and I had it set somewhat on the conservative side as to not backlash. If I go to my normal settings, I'm pretty sure I could cast all of the line off.

No fish on it yet, but it feels right. When the rod loads up, it is obviously more moderate in action than the custom blanks, but when casting and working baits, it fishes like a much faster rod.

Me love it.

When the rod loads up, it is obviously more moderate in action than the custom blanks, but when casting and working baits, it fishes like a much faster rod.

same with my production XH. Ive been throwing my 2.5 oz topwater gill on it and it casts like a dream. Then with the same rod I can throw a BAA. Small bait it loads in the tip section, larger bait loads further down the rod, then when you hook up it bends deep into the blank. Perfect swimbait rods. amazing really...

• 1 year later...
Courtesy of the OP, I found out that Production H rods do in fact have limitations.

They don't float. :shock::lol:

Yet they are very aerodynamic.......watch out for that back cast! :lol:

My bad tho :oops::oops: Glad we recovered it. :D

LOL