LDCs.........................

TacklemanTybs

Ben is an awsome guy. I talked to him and and just after a few emails I knew he knew his chit. Asked for everything and was just hoping to get some of what I wanted. He told me I could have eveything I wanted. I dicited to buy a XH for throwing BAs and heavier baits my Okuma XH could not throw. The only rod I have for throwing smaller baits on is a Dobyns 795SBMT. It is awsome for punkers but not the best for other baits. I talked to Ben and then I dicited to buy a H from him. He has done nothing but help me with everything. He helped me find a Conquest 400 for a decent price and and other things. He has gone way out of his way for me. If you are looking for a new rod just talk to him he is an awsome guy. I can't wait till I get to use my rods.

Ben is the most generous person I have had the privlege of meeting on here. Honest opinion, information and a whole lot more. I owe him a lot. My first LDC will be here next week, he sent me pictures of it and I couldnt even text straight I was so pleased. I know from talking with him the rod will fish even better then it looks. I saw linesiders lame ass post over there and wanted to reply but as I have learned from my dealings with women, you can't change a bitches mind. Bitches be crazy. Pics of my ldc coming soon... Til then, "if they hate, then let them hate, and watch the money pile up"

I have to tell this story and then see if azzholes can still call me a sheep.

After I received my first LDC in May, an XH but built to 7'10", I immediately ordered another XH. In discussions with Ben I told him what I was going to be using it for, and that I wanted it at 7'10" also. Delivery was taking a couple of weeks longer than he expected so without my even asking, Ben offered up and sent me a loaner rod to use on a 3 day trip I was taking. Ben paid for the shipping. I used that rod to catch a couple of nice fish on the trip and found my new favorite wake bait rod :D

A couple of weeks later my new XH arrived and as soon as I took it out of the tube, I was immediately disappointed. He had made the handle / grip lengths different than I expected and added a colorful touch which I really didn't like. I thought about it for quite awhile but called Ben that same day and told him that I really didn't like the rod and explained why. I felt bad for having to do that, and I could tell in his voice that he was disappointed - not because he was out some money, but because the touches he added to the rod were not what I wanted. He told me to ship the rod back to him at his expense and he'd find someone who wanted it or use it himself. I shipped it back but paid for the shipping. Keep in mind that this is a XH cut down to 7'10" - probably not a lot of guys wanting that.

We discussed exactly what I wanted and a few weeks later my next new favorite rod showed up, more perfect than the first, at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Then to top it off, he sold me the loaner rod at a helluva good price.

So you tell me, how many rod builders are going to do that for a customer? Especially one that had only purchased one rod before that?

If I'm a sheep for supporting an artisan who makes a tremendous product, takes extreme pride in his work, and is all about making the right rod for his customer, then all I have to say is......

Ben is my daaaaaaaaaaddy :D

Looks like i'm going to have to man up and get one. I'm looking for a new rod for smaller swim baits like baby wakes, 6 in FS trouts, gills and shads. Sounds like it better be an LDC for me! Is it the MH I should be looking into?

Anyone ever have Ben make a rod with a cork handle? I don't like foam handles just like the feel of real cork in the hand. Haven't seen anyone with an LDC with a cork grip. I bet it would look cool and old school. Already got a curado 201 dpv waiting to go on it. I better get this project going before spring in NE!

Bill,

Send me a email at bpvaughn@ cox.net........I will send you a PDF of what we are working on. I am having one built with all cork grips, gold and silver bullet reel seat, and gold, silver and blue wraps. Ben is still working with me on it because this is my first Swimbait rod. Bet your &ss it is going to be BAD.

I feel if you are going to do something, make it the best. That is why I will be throwing 3:16 Swimbait with my LDC rod this spring.

Brian

You guys are a bunch of bass-tards! I thought I had a good idea of what I wanted but now, with all the pics, it is back to the drawing board.

Time to contact Ben directly and have him just make the decisions for me :)

I have PM'd Ben a few times and he is honestly a great guy. Not sure why anyone would poo-poo on one of the few people in the swimbait industry doing their best to meet our needs and has gone above and beyond the call of duty over and over again for us.

Thanks Ben.

-Ali

I really want at least two. One of them will be for 9" and bigger baits. Now I fish mainly for bass but in my area if you are fishing baits up over 10" you are really kinda musky fishing at the same time. So I am wondering if anyone has used them for muskies and did you have anything different done?

For those of you who don't musky fish, they have bony mouths with huge sharp teeth that bite into the bait. So in order to move the bait in the fishes mouth and get hooks in them you often have to break teeth. So musky rods normally have to be much stiffer than a bass rod even though you are using the exact same bait.

Would really like a rod that would work for both since where I am fishing you are doing both at the same time.

Do me a favor man, pm Ben or hit him up on his site. I think if you talk to him he can hook you up! This friggen guy will even send you a rod he thinks will work just so you can try it out. Gotta remember folks this guy only builds SWIMBAIT RODS. He knows his stuff. You can't go wrong man. And if that aint a reason to give it a try I will personally buy back the rod if you aren't stoked!

I will do just that.

Bill,

Send me a email at bpvaughn@ cox.net........I will send you a PDF of what we are working on. I am having one built with all cork grips, gold and silver bullet reel seat, and gold, silver and blue wraps. Ben is still working with me on it because this is my first Swimbait rod. Bet your &ss it is going to be BAD.

I feel if you are going to do something, make it the best. That is why I will be throwing 3:16 Swimbait with my LDC rod this spring.

Brian

Sent Brian, thanks sounds like an awesome stick!

This is why I won't put up with people talking smack about LDC or Ben. This all started because Mario was so stoked about his experience with LDC and the long road to finding the right rod, he wanted to tell fellow swimbaiters . Sorry Mario you got rat packed by a couple of posers that only wish they could do what Ben does. Bunch of skanks! Now you know what its like to get hated on!

It's all good,no reason for you to apologize. I enjoyed writing the review and I know enough people liked it to make it worth while. I expected that it wouldn't be well received and did it anyway.Their will always be haters, I don't waste too much energy on that stuff. It's not productive use of time. ;)

Love being hated on!