Trout Fishing?

C_R_TX

We have a few reservoirs up here that hold some BIG trout. I haven't caught any trout on a swimbait yet, but I have brought up a 24+" right up to my canoe with a large 6" rainbow bait. A friend and I have been thinking about getting after some browns when the kokanee start moving up into the river.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a company called Lucky Bug that mainly makes flies and lake trout trolling plugs. They make a swimbait called the Zombie Max. Not sure if they're if the company was trying to sell to a different audience on this one or if it's another laker lure. My friend got it in a mystery tackle box and even though it may not have the most realistic paint job, it swims like a beauty. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm heading down to Devil's Den State Park in Arkansas today for a few days hoping to catch some trout in the 8 acre lake they have there. I feel obligated to bring a swimbait rod and a handful of baits in hopes there are some bass hanging around. If I have any luck with the swimabits I'll throw some pics up on Friday!

I'm heading down to Devil's Den State Park in Arkansas...

Good luck.  I spent a lot of time in Dev. Den park when I was younger. I came across 3 mountain lions there about 8 years back.

Be sure to check out all the caves as well.

I'm heading down to Devil's Den State Park in Arkansas today for a few days hoping to catch some trout in the 8 acre lake they have there. I feel obligated to bring a swimbait rod and a handful of baits in hopes there are some bass hanging around. If I have any luck with the swimabits I'll throw some pics up on Friday!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that lake was bone dry a couple years ago.........